Crockpot Curry Chicken With Rice

Foodblog (10 of 12)

I don’t use my crockpot enough! I’m adding it to my weekly food requirements checklist:
-Sardines
-A massaged kale salad
-a Mexican bowl
-A crockpot meal

Remind me of this list next month! I made this dinner the night my parents came to visit, and between the crockpot and the rice cooker, it was a totally hands off meal. I could enjoy their company and didn’t have to excuse myself to the kitchen.

One thing that bugs me about crockpot meals? Directions that make you sear meat before putting it in. I know this makes for a better taste, but the reason I’m using a crockpot is so I don’t have to dirty any pans! This recipe is a “dump everything in and forget about it” crockpot meal. Thumbs up!

Foodblog (3 of 12)

Start by adding your potatoes and chicken to the bowl.

Foodblog (1 of 12)

Then top with garlic and ginger.

Foodblog (4 of 12)

Have you seen these in the frozen section? They are my secret shortcut for garlic and ginger!! SO easy to just pop some frozen crushed garlic into a pan.

Foodblog (2 of 12)

Add the rest of the spices plus the coconut milk

Foodblog (5 of 12) Foodblog (6 of 12)

Top with raisins and mix everything well!

Foodblog (8 of 12)

Set to low for 6 hours. During the last hour, add the green beans so they steam just enough to be tender.

Foodblog (9 of 12)

Serve over rice with cilantro and peanuts for garnish! The chicken should just fall right off the bone.

Foodblog (11 of 12)

Crockpot Curry Chicken

6078282

Ingredients (6-8)

  • 3.5 pounds chicken legs, bone in but skin off (ask your butcher to remove the skin for you!)
  • 2 pounds small potatoes
  • 1 pound green beans
  • 4 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 2 tsp fresh ginger
  • 2.5 tbsp curry powder
  • 1.5 tsp kosher salt
  • 1 can coconut milk
  • 1 cup mixed raisins
  • 2 cups brown rice, cooked according to package
  • Garnishes: Cilantro, peanuts

Instructions

  1. Put potatoes and chicken into the bowl of a crockpot.
  2. Add everything except green beans and mix to coat.
  3. Set to low for 6 hours.
  4. In the last hour, add the green beans.
  5. Serve over rice with cilantro and peanuts for garnish.
Powered by Recipage

Crockpot Curry Chicken



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/1TaGPPc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049