Sock Hop

Foodblog (4 of 13)

You and your friends hang out at the gym too, right?! I am so thankful for the group of friends that I have made at ACAC. Exercising for us isn’t just about burning calories – it’s about laughing together before class begins, sharing a smile during the biceps set when a good song comes on, sneaking a glimpse of the kiddos dancing together in ABC Conditioning, and making weekend plans while foam rolling. And as a bonus we all get more fit!

Good friends are like good socks: you don’t get as good of a workout without them.

Foodblog (9 of 13)

If you’re not familiar with the brand, Bombas socks are athletic-leisure socks, re-engineered to look better, feel better, and perform better, and with a mission to help those in need. For every pair purchased, they donate a pair, and since socks are the number one clothing request at homeless shelters, the 900,000+ pairs they have already donated are very much appreciated. 

Foodblog (11 of 13)

In addition to their donation mission, Bombas spent years designing the perfect sock. The HoneyComb Support System brings superb arch support, the Y-Stitched Heel ensures your sock stays in place, the Long Staple Pima Cotton stays warm in the winter and cool in the summer, and the Invisitoe seam stitching over the toes ensures you’ll never feel that awkward seam bump ever again.  Since I am prone to blisters, the Invisitoe and cushioned Blister Tab in the back are essentials for me to keep my feet in smooth shape. I think my favorite part, though, is just how soft and comfortable they are.

Foodblog (12 of 13)

I have been wearing Bombas since my first post about them in 2014 and can vouch that they are still the athletic socks I reach for first. Socks seem to be overlooked when it comes to workout gear, however, I’ve learned what a difference high-quality socks can make. If your feet aren’t happy, your whole body isn’t happy!

Foodblog (6 of 13)

 

Since gym friends are a great resource for recommendations on the best workout gear around, Bombas sent me a box of their socks in all shapes and sizes to share with my friends. The styles included No-Shows, sporty ankles, crew length, and long merino wool pairs. My friends were happy to get a new pair of socks in exchange for being my foot models and sock testers.

Foodblog (7 of 13)

My friends loved the colors and design off the bat and thought the “bee better” text hidden on the inside was super cute. I’ve had several friends tell me they are the “best socks ever” and they want to order more. Everyone loved the ankle socks, and the guys in particular loved the longer styles. The new Invisibles are great with summer flats!

Foodblog (10 of 13)

Try them for yourself here: get 20% off your first-order purchase, using code KATHEATS.

Foodblog (13 of 13)

Thanks to Bombas for sponsoring this post and keeping my feet happy. And thanks to my special foot models for their enthusiasm! 



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/1Uc3RXC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049