Summer In The City – Part II

I knew that I wanted to spend a few extra days in New York after my time with Quaker was over. I have so many friends there to catch up with, including Jessica, who I hadn’t seen in nine years!!

Foodblog (1 of 50)

We went to Sanctuary T for a fabulous lunch. This place was so cute with such a great menu!

Foodblog (5 of 50)

Foodblog (2 of 50)

I had a much craved-for kale salad and one of the two fish tacos that we shared.

Foodblog (3 of 50) Foodblog (4 of 50)

I went here, there, and everywhere in the 48 hours of leisure time I spent in the city:

Foodblog (6 of 50)

Drinks and oysters aboard the Grand Banks ship. (I read about this in Coastal Living and had to go!)

Foodblog (7 of 50) Foodblog (11 of 50)

(See the Statue of Liberty in the distance?)

Foodblog (8 of 50)

I ate dinner at Via Carota, as recommended by my cousin.

Foodblog (17 of 50)

These fried olives were incredible!!!

Foodblog (15 of 50)Foodblog (16 of 50)
Foodblog (19 of 50) Foodblog (18 of 50)
They were filming the show “Younger” right in front of the restaurant, and guess who was there?!

Foodblog (14 of 50)

Hillary Duff! She walked right by my table a few times.

Foodblog (21 of 50)

I loved the music at the Smalls Jazz Club!

Foodblog (22 of 50) Foodblog (23 of 50)

And this guy was jammin’ in the sister club across the street:

Foodblog (24 of 50)

This chorizo and Manchego omelet from The Vine was so good! (They also have the coolest bathroom ever!)

Foodblog (26 of 50)

I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge (for the first time) and explored Dumbo.

Foodblog (30 of 50)

Then, seafood rolls from Luke’s Lobster along the water!

Foodblog (35 of 50) Foodblog (38 of 50) Foodblog (36 of 50)

I enjoyed kale salad and crab cake before the theater:

Foodblog (41 of 50)

And then went to Wicked!!! I saw the show years ago in Charlotte, and I loved seeing it again.

Foodblog (42 of 50)Foodblog (43 of 50) Foodblog (46 of 50)

Also had a post-theater visit to The Spotted Pig! I loved the fresh pasta I had, but it was too dark to photograph.

Foodblog (47 of 50)

And finally, brunch at Buvette. It’s simply the cutest restaurant that ever was. Everything was petite, from the tiny menu to the forks.

Foodblog (48 of 50)

Egg, bacon, and gruyere waffle sandwich!

Foodblog (50 of 50) Foodblog (49 of 50)

I had such a great time, but I am thrilled to be home again. I’m going to be eating a lot of salads this week!



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/28Kq22B

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049