What I’m Loving Lately 68

Hey, hey! Happy Friday, friends!!

It’s that’s time again! Time for another edition of What I’m Loving Lately… and it’s quite the round-up this week. Enjoy!!

Quinn’s Radio Flyer 4-in-1 Trike – We bought it for his birthday and he cannot get enough of it. We take it out for walks at least once a day and, more often than not, 2-3 times a day, everyday. He seriously loves it so much and wants to ride it allllll the time!

IMG_8124 (1) (1280x1280)

I actually wish we bought it sooner for him since it converts from an infant trike right up to a “big kid” one and he’s already starting to peddle on his own. Q-man is going to be riding it solo before we know it!

IMG_8115 (1280x1280)

Another birthday present that Quinn is really loving lately…

Paw Patrol Air Patroller Plane – Oh my gosh, our boy loves this thing so much! And he takes it with him everywhere!

IMG_8191 (1280x1280)

He loves playing with all of the different Paw Patrol figurines and putting them in and taking them out. Even a couple of weeks after getting it for his birthday, it’s still his favorite toy!

IMG_8204 (960x1280)

Speaking of our sweet boy and his recent birthday, I’m loving…

This side-by-side photo of Quinn at one year and then two years old – He’s growing up so fast!

The sweetest boy

NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint with SPF 30 – I was in the market for a quality tinted moisturizer with SPF, and I lovvveee this one from NARS Cosmetics. (It was recommended to me by a sales associate at Sephora.) It’s light-weight, but it has great, natural-looking coverage at the same time. I’m not super into makeup (and even less so in the summertime), so this tinted moisturizer with SPF is perfect for a quick, fuss-free application. Just blend and go! Honestly, I can’t say enough good things about it! FYI: The woman at Sephora used a special machine to figure out what shade I should buy, but, if you’re curious and have a similar skin tone, it’s the Groenland, Light 3.

IMG_8534 (1280x1280)

Mediterranean Chicken Bake – This looks delicious and easy to make. Sign me up!

Peanut Butter Protein Balls – I made a big batch of these on Sunday, and they’ve helped me tame my sweet tooth all week. Pro tip: Store them in the refrigerator = SO GOOD!

The-Best-Easiest-Peanut-Butter-Protein-Balls-

Homemade Citrus Energy Drink – Love this idea! Need to try it.

My new Nanos – Have I mentioned how much I love my new Nano 6.0!?! I’m obsessed. They are SO GREAT for CrossFit workouts, and I’ve worn them non-stop lately. FYI: The official release date of the Nano 6.0 is July 7th, but you can buy them custom online right now. I highly recommend them! Love, love, love!

IMG_7999 (1280x1280)

An Open Letter To Perfect Parents: Put Down Your Pitchforks – Seriously. I am so over the perfect parents and keyboard warriors. Enough already.

ENJOYING summer – Last summer was absolutely insane (with moving, traveling, etc.), so I am really loving the chance to enjoy the warm weather and all things related to summer fun, especially our backyard… playing with Quinn, entertaining friends, relaxing with a cocktail… hooray for summer!

IMG_8321 (750x1089)

Masa Harina “English muffins” – Another awesome idea from Nicole! She actually sent me a recipe for Masa Pancakes, but I’ve been playing around with it to create English muffins for my beloved egg sandwiches. Masa Harina is the traditional flour used to make tortillas, tamales, and other Mexican dishes, but it’s processed in a way that makes it really easy on the digestive system. I’ll share my English muffin recipe on CNC soon! FYI: I buy Masa Harina from Amazon (super affordable), but I believe some Whole Foods sell it too.

IMG_7993 (1280x1280)

Renewing my license at my local AAA – I wasn’t able to renew my license online, and I really didn’t want to wait in line at the DMV, but I heard a rumor you could renew at your local AAA if you are a member. Well, I made a quick call to confirm, drove to AAA, waited for, oh, 60 seconds, and then just like that, my license was valid for another 5 years. Yay! It was seriously so quick and easy!

IMG_8227 (1280x1280)

Strength + Plyometic Workout – Looks like a good one!

To the Man Diagnosed With Ulcerative Colitis, Who No Longer Has Control of His Body – This part particularly resonated with me: “As the stoic Epictetus wrote, ‘Disease is an impediment to the body, but not the will, unless the will itself chooses.’ So when things get hard, I want you to realize you have a choice in how the next 10 years will go. You can use this disease as an excuse to pull back from life and blame everyone and everything around you including yourself for what is happening to you. Or you can realize that having this disease is an opportunity and a blessing. With everything you will go through, you will gain experience in understanding how much the mind matters through difficult times. This will force you to become mentally stronger and more resilient after a few hang-ups. And having this disease will lead you to your life’s work: inspiring and educating others on how to get through difficult times.”

Almond Croissants from Trader Joe’s – We love buying these croissants for special/celebratory breakfasts. So yum. FYI: You can find them in the freezer section with the other breakfast items. We’ve also tried the chocolate flavor, but we like the almond better.

IMG_8398 (720x1280)

12 Things You’ll Only Know If You Have Ulcerative Colitis – Some of these made me smile.

Question of the Day

Parents: What is your kid loving lately? 

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being really bad), how bad is the picture on your license? 



from Carrots 'N' Cake http://ift.tt/28QTysn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049