Best Dressed

Foodblog (1 of 9)

^^Two friends came over to pick greens from my garden. Instead of throwing leaves in a bag like I would have done, they made these beautiful bouquets as they picked them!

Do you know the difference between a good salad and a great salad? It’s all in the dressing. I love homemade salad dressings, but all too often resort to honey and olive oil, or prepared pesto, because when I’m hungry I’m ready to eat 5 minutes ago! But this week I was in search of something different, so I made this Creamy Vegan Salad Dressing from my friend Anne’s blog. The base is made from – wait for it – cauliflower!

Foodblog (3 of 9)

Check out Anne’s site for the recipe. Just steam up some cauliflower and blend with herbs, oil, and lemon juice and you have a real-food dressing in a minute – what a great idea!

Foodblog (2 of 9)

I used it to make a salad-in-a-jar dinner to take with me to the pool.

Dressing + beans

Foodblog (4 of 9)

Salt flakes:

Foodblog (5 of 9)

Kale from the garden:

Foodblog (6 of 9)

And Manchego cheese on top!

Foodblog (7 of 9) Foodblog (8 of 9)

Some of my other favorite salad dressings of seasons past:

Creamsicle

Smashed Avocado

Orange + Herb

Pumpkin Spice Tahini

Easy Summer Massaged Greens

Then there’s this graphic I made a few years back!

Dressing



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/29UOxwY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049