Happy Fifth Of July!

Foodblog (4 of 25)

I’m running a little behind today – can you tell?! šŸ™‚ My Independence weekend started with a trip down to Hillsborough to celebrate my sister Laura and her sweet little baby due in October! Our good family friend Lisa hosted the shower, and many of the women we grew up with attended.

The spread of food was delicious – from tapenade to homemade hummus.

Foodblog (6 of 25)

And the cake was a hit! Buttercream with strawberry filling.

Foodblog (5 of 25)

Larbs got so many cute things for the baby, including this handmade quilt and elephant:

Foodblog (10 of 25)

These darling tutu dresses:

Foodblog (13 of 25)

And a watermelon bathing suit and dresses from me!

Foodblog (11 of 25)

Can’t wait to meet her!

Foodblog (14 of 25)

Mazen had a guy’s night with my dad and Uncle Matt. They went out for pizza! Apparently he kept commenting that it was “just the guys” while they were out. He is also nuts over his new Darth Vader doll!

Foodblog (16 of 25)

On Saturday morning I went for a walk with Larbs and Matt, and ate some cereal and blueberries for breakfast.

Foodblog (15 of 25)

Mazen is spending this week with his Mimi and Papa down at their lake house in South Carolina. Plus Matt, Uncle Brain, Ashley and his cousin Ava. And more extended family! I’ve been missing him, but he’s been having a wonderful time on the boat.

Cousins Mazey

I came back to Charlottesville not sure what to do with myself! Leftover pizza, pesto salad and a peach for lunch.

Foodblog (3 of 25)

Saturday night I went to dinner at Public Fish & Oyster – my first visit long overdue! I haven’t been one to be wild about raw oysters in the past, but I’m getting into them. Like cheese and wine, I like that you get to read a description and then taste them to see if you detect any buttery or nutty flavors yourself. And comparing oysters from different regions is fun too. I am now a fan!

Foodblog (17 of 25)

I also had the wild snapper entree served over the best crunchy brussels

Foodblog (18 of 25)

And some fries!

Foodblog (19 of 25)

Plus I shared a root beer float for dessert. This seemed like the perfect summer dessert! Remember when McDonald’s had its big Coke float run when we were kids? Those were good!

Foodblog (20 of 25)

On Sunday our weather took a turn for the worse, and I went down to Short Pump for some shopping!

Foodblog (21 of 25)

Given all the rain, I needed a new raincoat and bought this beauty on sale at REI.

Foodblog (22 of 25)

I stopped into ACAC for lunch by the hot tub. You wouldn’t think on 4th of July weekend the hot tub would be the pool of choice! It was pretty cold up there.

Foodblog (24 of 25)

Turkey, apple and cheddar plus chips + wine!!

Foodblog (23 of 25)

Back in town, I went over to a friends’ for a cookout! The weather cleared up just enough to be outside. Caprese salad, grilled veggies, steak.

Foodblog (25 of 25)

It didn’t really feel like the 4th of July with our cold, rainy weather. I was supposed to go tubing this weekend, but that was cancelled. I did create some fireworks during strength class that morning! We packed over 75 people into class for a great group workout.

Saturday evening I went to a party out in the country. Beautiful with or without sunshine!

Foodblog (3 of 6)

We played Spike Ball (best yard game ever!) and enjoyed a band.

Foodblog (4 of 6)

I made deviled eggs to share, and they were gone in a hot minute! Everything was delicious:

Foodblog (5 of 6)

Fireworks > rain boots, but whatcha gonna do?!

Foodblog (6 of 6)

I loved seeing all of your posts and snaps from celebrations around the country!



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/29jYQvn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049