Flippin’ For The Weekend

Foodblog (10 of 14)

^^Story of my life!

Happy August! The dog days of summer are here. We just wrapped up a nice and balanced weekend. A night out, a night in, and lots of downtime in-between. It was nice to have a relaxed weekend in the midst of this super busy time of year.

On Friday evening I went out with Lauren for a little wine tasting and shopping.

Foodblog (4 of 14)

We went to Market Street Wine Shop for their free Friday tasting, something I used to do all the time in the pre-Mazen days. I came home with an old favorite and four bottles of $7 rose!

Foodblog (3 of 14)

Then we went over to O’Suzannah for a little browsing. The owner there is a master at display styling. Here I am in the teal section!

Foodblog (5 of 14)

We walked to Fridays After Five to say hi to Mazen and Matt before heading out on the town.

Foodblog (6 of 14)

KK sent Mazen these cute new shoes, but they were too small! I had to wrestle them on him, and you can imagine the tears when I told him they were too tight and had to be returned. Three more pairs are on the way as a replacement! (Also he looks like a giant here!)

Foodblog (8 of 14)

Saturday breakfast was egg, bacon, fruit, and coffee

Foodblog (1 of 5)

And Saturday lunch was a super green peanut butter smoothie.

Foodblog (9 of 14)

I was saving room for popcorn and M&Ms at the movies! Mazey and I went to see Ice Age: Collision Course, our first theater movie together (but his third). He was kind of itchy and said about 2/3 of the way through he was ready to go, so I don’t know if we are quittteeee ready for regular movie visits, but he did really well overall and made it through the whole thing without interrupting the other people, so I’d call it a win. I’m so excited to be able to go to the movies together!

Foodblog (11 of 14)

I just bought this from Amazon so Mazen can work on his letters, but I don’t think it’s working correctly, so I’m going to try to send it back.

Foodblog (2 of 14)

On Saturday night I made tacos! I’m trying to do more assemble-yourself meals for M, to encourage him to add what he likes, but this meal was kind of a bust. He just wanted to eat the “chips” and cheese. It sure looked pretty though!

Carrots (tribute to Mom!), REAL sour cream (so good!), peppers, limes, guac, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and meat.

Foodblog (2 of 5)

Foodblog (3 of 5)

And a little post-bedtime ice cream treat with gingersnap cookies!

Foodblog (4 of 5)

Did you know binoculars enable you to see the reverse way through a baby monitor?! I didn’t. Apparently, Mazen knows something we don’t know. “MOMMY I SEE YOU!”

Foodblog (12 of 14)

On Sunday we had our first lazy morning in a long time. With travels and camp, we’re usually up and out the door early, so it was great to snuggle around in our jammies for a few hours.

Foodblog (13 of 14)

I also cleaned out the garage!

Foodblog (14 of 14)

Sunday lunch was steamed kale and leftover carrots, tomatoes, cheese, smoked salmon, and sour cream. A strange but delicious combo!

Foodblog (5 of 5)

Hope you all had a great weekend too!



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2aIOVSX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049