Friday Food Fun

Food

My friend, Emily, told me all about this amazing Supper Club Camp her son attended this summer. Put on by a teacher in our area, campers spend the better portion of a day preparing meals from scratch to take home to their families. Campers learn all kinds of cooking skills, ingredient knowledge, and get a hands-on experience preparing gourmet meals from fresh ingredients throughout the week. Each night they bring home enough food to feed their family including a small dessert. Emily raved about the meals – vegetable enchiladas, lemon bars, lentil salad. And her son was so proud of his dishes! What a BRILLIANT idea! I cannot wait to sign Mazen up for this camp next summer.

This got me thinking how much of a food rut I have been in this year. Yes things were a bit rocky at home, but I think I have figured out the main reason why I just don’t want to cook by myself: food prepared by or with someone else just tastes better. Dishes in restaurants. Meals you make with your partner. Mom’s cooking. Even recipes with someone else’s touch taste better than something I create on the spot. The “made with a pinch of love” quotes are true. I have never been much of a recipe follower, but I need to make it feel like I’m in someone else’s kitchen, sharing the experience with them. Do any of you feel this way?

Foodblog (1 of 1)-6

Here is some food inspiration and cool posts from around the internet!

Kalamata Olive Dip from Gina

Kalamata Olive Dip

Anne’s post on taking a Lunch Break was spot on!

Lunch Break

And following up on my Cappuccino Overnight Oats post, Anne wrote about a visit to an Organic Valley Grassmilk farm. So much good info in there.

Anne Goes To Organic Valley

I recently got to hang out with Lindsay and Bjork of Pinch of Yum! Talk about an inspiring couple! Their recipes are just amazing, like their Detox SaladBerry Overnight Oats, 12 Magical Ways To Use A Food Processor, and Zippy Orzo Summer Salad. Gorg.

Pinch Of Yum

And Monica always keeps it real

Running And Your Period

Stay tuned – I have one more post comin’ atcha this afternoon!!



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2b5Myr6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049