Office Switch-A-Roo

Office

It’s taken me a while to get this post together but that gave me the chance to live in my new home office for a few weeks. I cannot tell you how happy I am with this switch!

When we first moved into this house I assumed this room would turn into a nursery within a year or two, so it sat untouched with a crib, baby stuff, and an extra guest bed.

Foodblog (2 of 6)

We don’t really need to elaborate why that plan changed. I lent most of my baby stuff to a friend, who recently had a baby boy, including the crib so the room became even emptier.

Foodblog (3 of 6)

Meanwhile, I spent my workdays at the dining room table with my laptop. My downstairs office was just too dark and out of the way to get the creative juices flowing, and I rarely worked down there. Mostly I just ran up and down the stairs getting a piece of paper or printing something out.

Foodblog (5 of 6)

Foodblog (4 of 6)

Foodblog (6 of 6)

So, after seeing an inspiring home office on a blog I had the bright idea to switch the rooms.

Foodblog (1 of 16)

May I please pause here and say that I had ZERO help moving this furniture?! Just me, my muscles, and my drill. It wasn’t easy!

Foodblog (11 of 16)

I partnered with Wayfair for this post to add a few new pieces to the room! The Karma Blue Area Rug is plush but has that weathered, aged look that makes it feel like it’s seen many years.

Foodblog (3 of 16)

I just love the colors!

Foodblog (4 of 16)

My desk is the Whitney Corner Desk from Pottery Barn that I bought on sale last year.

Foodblog (8 of 16)

I am head-over-heels for this Osterberg lamp, also from Wayfair! I love the wooden legs, and the shade matches my new rug so well.

Foodblog (9 of 16)

My desk has the minimum accessories – an inbox folder for papers that need my attention, the cutest picture of Mazen, a box of fresh bulbs writing paper, my Bose speaker for blasting tunes while I work,my iPhone dock, antique mason jars with colorful pens and markers,  and colorful Birchboxes filled with office supplies.

Foodblog (7 of 16)Foodblog (10 of 16)

My last Wayfair purchase was this beautiful desk chair. It is SO nice to now have a proper chair for good posture, and one that is so pretty too!

Foodblog (2 of 16)

The other side of the room houses my printer, some KERF prints, a lamp, and a dresser just waiting to be filled with things! I thought about swapping the dresser and my big storage unit, but they are both so big that I didn’t feel it was necessary to expend the energy, especially when I might switch the rooms back if there are babies in my future. That’s also why I haven’t hung art on the plaster walls – I’m fine with clean walls and leaning art for now!

Foodblog (5 of 16)

And how about that spare guest room? It sure is cozy!!

Foodblog (14 of 16)

Karen will be sleeping in there when she visits in September for Mazen’s birthday, so it’s nice to have a second guest room.

Foodblog (15 of 16)

I kept my HP Sprout set up because I use it occasionally for projects that require a big screen or the fancy scanner.

Foodblog (16 of 16)

Thanks to Wayfair for sending me the beautiful rug, lamp, and chair!



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2aYG1Mt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049