Wine Guide Life with the Traveling Vineyard

Hello, Carrots n Cake readers! I am honored and thankful that Tina has given me the opportunity to share my journey as a Wine Guide with you.

I started with the Traveling Vineyard almost a year ago. When I came across the Traveling Vineyard, I just knew it was the perfect “job” for me. Ultimately, I joined for financial reasons (and my love for wine), but soon after joining, it became so much more. I started learning so much about wine, and I was trying wines I had never heard of before. I have made new friends and, most importantly, I was working my own hours that best fit with my schedule.

13782246_10209555349018581_8175714982841046361_n

Being a stay-at-home mom of two young children it’s sometimes tough to get anything done, especially those non-child related things– sometimes they’re nearly impossible. One of the major perks of being a Wine Guide is being able to work when it’s convenient for you. I was able to move at my own pace while I learned the ropes of the company and how to conduct a tasting. The training and the knowledge of the people in this company are absolutely outstanding. Everyone at our Headquarters are the nicest and most efficient people. They are always there when you need them. Our CEO, Rick Libby, is AMAZING! He and his business partner, Huib Geerlings, only act on new ideas and make changes as long as it is good for the company AND the Wine Guides. They believe the Wine Guides are the foundation of the company. They are always there with their “A game” to support, educate, encourage, and stand by us.

unnamed

Traveling Vineyard also understands that life happens. This is why they do not have a monthly quota and you don’t have to build a team if you don’t want to. It’s your business and you decide how much or how little you want to do. I typically do 3-5 tastings per month and then online sales and wine clubs. That’s it! Right now this works for my family. As my children get older, I can add more tastings and focus more on growing my business. The flexibly can work for anyone’s schedule.

Another huge part of the Traveling Vineyard is Sommology, the pairing of food and wine.  It takes the geeky, cool part of molecular food and wine pairings and translates them into simple bits that everyone can understand. I use to buy whatever wine was cheap and then eat it with whatever food. Not anymore! I pick my wine (ok, I only drink Traveling Vineyard wines now) but I base what wine I will open on what I want to eat. Even going out to dinner, I will pick my food then my wine. Pairing food and wine is so much fun and so, so delicious! I quickly went from buying a bottle based on its label to actually checking the vintage and what region it was from. For each tasting I do, I research the wines I will be showing and the process and information behind each wine is so interesting. Becoming a wine guide has given me a whole new level of appreciation for wine and food.

13178670_10153561825656074_7896809635829025606_n

And, of course, I can’t get enough of the Traveling Vineyard wines! Our wine Director, Francis Sanders, is a master mind! He travels the world looking for the best varietals and vintages. Once he finds them, the grapes are brought back to one of our three processing facilities in the U.S. Francis then overseas the entire process and has the final say in the end product. Our wines come from small boutique vineyards and these wines are one of a kind, and I can’t get over how awesome they all are!

Joining the Traveling Vineyard has been such a great experience and is full of amazing and supportive people. I’m excited to see how things continue to develop as I continue to grow as a part the Traveling Vineyard family!

Thank you for taking time to read about why and how I got started. Please contact me at any time if you have questions! You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram @uncorkedwithsteph.

Steph

 



from Carrots 'N' Cake http://ift.tt/2bylij8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049