Spooky & Silly Weekend

Foodblog (2 of 4)

Hope y’all had a great weekend!! We had a wonderful time with Karen last week. She was here visiting, and packed in all the fun, and practical jokes she could. She and Mazen took their annual visit to the Halloween store (yes it’s already open!)

Foodblog (1 of 4)

Karen also scared me with fake poop, a rubber snake under the sink, and this scary lady who was hiding in my closet!!!! (Remember the Booger Man she actually took on a beach trip?!)

Foodblog (3 of 4)

We took KK to the airport on Friday afternoon, and Mazen sure was sad. We entertained ourselves by playing spiderman with Mazen’s new deconstructed soccer goal!!

Foodblog (4 of 18)

Friday night I went out to dinner to Commonwealth before going to the Sturgill Simpson concert!

Foodblog (12 of 18)

Jalapeno hushpuppies –

Foodblog (3 of 18)

The Commonwealth Salad –

Foodblog (6 of 18)

And the chicken with coconut broth, swiss chard, and plantains.

Foodblog (7 of 18)

The concert was great!! I don’t know too many Sturgill songs, but I loved his voice and style.

Foodblog (17 of 18)

Saturday morning I had eggs, toast, blueberries, and coffee.

Foodblog (5 of 18)

Mazen and I went to the gym. I did a super quick workout because I wasn’t feeling it, and when I picked him back up he said “Why are you back so soon? Go workout more.” Ha! I should have, but it was nearing lunchtime, so we went home to eat. Leftover chicken noodle soup we made with KK!

Foodblog (18 of 18)

Then we went grocery shopping! It’s fun to go with Mazen now, as he talks to me and we discuss fruits and veggies together (and all the not-so-healthy foods he wants me to buy!)

Foodblog (11 of 18)

Foodblog (9 of 18)

After that we headed over to the Belmont Bash, a block party for the neighborhood.

Foodblog (1 of 18)

Mazen loves the Belmont Park playground, so we played there for a while and did a little shopping. I bought a turkish towel from Michael Turk & Company. Can’t wait to try it out!

Foodblog (8 of 18)

And also this growth chart ruler from Buffalo Gals! This is such a great idea because you can take it from house to house. I’m planning to hang it in the office.

Foodblog (10 of 18)

The best kettle corn I’ve ever had –

Foodblog (13 of 18)

We went to Brazos for dinner! My favorite.

Foodblog (2 of 18)

Chips and tacos FTW. The top one had mashed potatoes on it. Not sure I’d get that one again, although it was good. The pork belly one  – with pickled watermelon – is my all-time fav.

Foodblog (15 of 18) Foodblog (16 of 18)

Here’s to a happy, healthy week!

Foodblog (14 of 18)



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2cW2Tif

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049