Thanksgiving Weekend 2017

{Biggest. Leaf. Ever.}

foodblog-8-of-15

Hi friends!! I hope you all had plenty of time to relax over the long weekend. I did!

foodblog-11-of-15

Mazen and I traveled to Williamsburg with our new friend and his pilgrim dog.

foodblog-14-of-15

We spent the holiday with his large family, who welcomed us with loving arms.

foodblog-2-of-15

New traditions were made: oysters!

foodblog-3-of-15

And old favorites were served:

foodblog-4-of-15

I kept the photography to a minimum but I can assure you I enjoyed plenty of cheese, ham biscuits, wine, and pumpkin pie. I went to bed that night satisfied yet not stuffed, so mission accomplished!

We had croissants with leftover ham and coffee for breakfast the next day.

foodblog-5-of-15

And then explored colonial Williamsburg on foot.

foodblog-6-of-15

Stopping for sandwiches from The Cheese Shop for lunch, of course.

foodblog-7-of-15

Mazey and I had a great time, especially since there was another four-year-old who is also into Batman with us ; ) {Shirt is from GAP Kids last year.}

foodblog-10-of-15foodblog-15-of-15

Back in Cville, we made this pumpkin ravioli from Plated, which we’ve been subscribing to after a friend gave us a discount code. Going to do some Blue Apron next!

foodblog-9-of-15

I had pumpkin oatmeal with melted almond butter for Saturday breakfast.

foodblog-12-of-15

On Saturday I went to a friend’s house for dinner and we had panko turbot, brussels sprouts, focaccia, and a homemade tartar sauce. Homemade pumpkin cheesecake for dessert!

foodblog-13-of-15

And finally, Sunday morning waffles using 100 Days of Real Food’s recipe. Very very good!!

foodblog-1-of-15

Let the holiday season begin!



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2gyIDmq

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049