Don’t Make Goals, Make Changes.

I shared this graphic on social media this week inspired by the daily Healthy Habits, Happy Moms email which reported:

“Research shows us that if we try to change just one small thing in our lives, we have about an 80% chance of achieving that change. If we try to change two things at one time, that success rate drops to less than 30%. If we try to change three things at one time, the success rate drops close to ZERO.” 

Fascinating! Most people know WHAT to do, but it’s the HOW that holds them up.

You would think that eating well would come completely naturally to folks. And in fact, it does when we are children. But all of the complexities of our culture, hundreds of little factors and habits and influences, shift and tweak our eating habits so that sometimes they become completely unrecognizable. My starting point on a healthier journey after I graduated from college in 2005 wasn’t one of disordered eating or even one of a major weight gain – I was just normal in that I wasn’t mindfully aware of how my lifestyle was connected to my health. I went through a few years where that awareness became very apparent and now it has become habitual in that I can 100% enjoy life and know that my healthy habits are the foundation of my choices.

If you are looking for some support making changes in your life, here are a few ways I recommend connecting with others. No restrictive diets or replacement shakes in sight!

immaEATthat Registered Dietitian, Kylie Mitchell just created a video course called “How To Eat.” Kylie specializes in coaching those struggling with their relationship with food and their body.  The course is appropriate for those who have been in a diet mentality or disordered eating for their entire life and would like to learn more about intuitive eating and taking care of their body.

For the kids! Canadian dietitian, Jessica Penner created Happy Healthy Eaters to guide parents through the murky waters of feeding children. Jessica is a mom herself, and this research-based course will tell you everything you need to know about the best practices of feeding kids. You can also either purchase a lifetime access or subscribe per month. I took it myself and have noticed improvements with Mazen already. There is a lot of information inside.

Balance 365 is the year-long parent course to the free Screw Your Resolutions Challenge I am doing. The Balance 365 program focuses on being REALISTIC with 12 core habits and making lasting lifestyle changes. “No more supermom, super detox, super do-everything-all-the-time,” they say. Targeted at moms, the program community is a great support network for all things healthy living.

If you are a new mom, check out Gina’s Post Baby Bod program. It is completely tailored for those easing back into fitness. There is also an advanced version for those a little farther along the path. You’ll get 12 weeks of new-mom targeted workouts, meal ideas, and an online support group.

If you are looking to once-and-for-all making healthy eating a priority, Cook Smarts is my go-to meal planning, recipe, food tips and learn-to-cook service. Check out the “For The Love Of Salads” challenge or the “Make Ahead Breakfast” recipe book. There’s also a great Facebook community for all kinds of questions and support.

And lastly, check out this article on Buzzfeed (which featured my split pea soup!) for a bunch of food bloggers and dietitians’ healthy meals.

And keep reading Kath Eats Real Food 🙂 Check out my How To Eat Real Food post and other nutrition topics here!

***Some of these programs invited me to promote as an affiliate member, and I am happy to share the ones that align with my focus. 

The post Don’t Make Goals, Make Changes. appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2j7Ne0d

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049