Family Extravaganza

I’m so excited to share the photos from our weekend full of family fun! On Friday night my parents stopped in Cville on their way up to Maryland. I hosted a dinner with Thomas’s family so they could (finally!) meet. They’ve already been friends online, so it was like they had already known each other. I love his family, so I was glad for my parents to finally get to spend some time with them. The night went wonderfully!

My mom brought these cute frogs for Mazen and Thomas’s nephew as party favors.

I put out cheese and crostini with fig spread for appetizers.

Thomas grilled BBQ chicken, which was delicious.

And my mom made her famous mac and cheese that was the hit of the night!

I also procured some of that amazing kale caesar salad from Whole Foods for the group since we all love it!

Yum yum!!

For dessert we had a buffet of ice creams with sprinkles:

On Saturday morning we were up bright and early so we could caravan to Crofton, Maryland for even more family fun. My sister, Matt, and baby Emerson flew in from Texas, and we all met at Matt’s parents’ house. This was Thomas’s first time meeting my sister et al, so that was fun and exciting too!

I couldn’t get to get in some big snuggles with my little niece who is five months old!

She is such a happy baby, always smiling (and always drooling!)

Matt’s parents had a wonderful lunch prepared. His mom is an R.D. so I loved her pepper plate and dip!

And BYO sandwiches are my favorite : )

We took as many cousin photos as we could! Mazen didn’t have any interest in holding his cousin – I think he was a little scared of her!

Doesn’t Mazen look HUGE here!? When he saw this picture he actually said “Which one is you because you and Aunt Larbs look the same!” HA!

Of course all the grandparents were in seventh heaven.

Thomas, Mazen and I stayed in Annapolis, and we had high hopes of walking around the water all afternoon, but it was FREEZING! The wind was the worst.

It was beautiful though, and I hope to go back!

Brrrrr!

We went to Blackwall Hitch for drinks and dinner, and it was FABULOUS! We had such a great experience!

Crab dip!

Autumn arugula salad:

Thomas’s sea bass special:

And my crabcakes, which were totally epic!

We shared this deep dish chocolate chip cookie for dessert that was gooey and warm inside – OMG!

We were all so full!

The next morning we had brunch back at the Allen’s. So much great food! Baked egg casserole with homemade hash browns and bacon inside, fruit salad, homemade muffins, and a homemade cheese apple danish.

It was sad to say goodbye to Emmy – I won’t see her again until July!

And that’s a wrap!

The post Family Extravaganza appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2mViiFR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049