What I’m Loving Lately 85

Goooooood morning and happy Friday, friends!

I can’t believe Memorial Day weekend is already here! Obviously, I AM PUMPED, but, whoa, I feel like it came out of nowhere! Well, sort of. The weather here has been all over the place lately – one day it’s summer, the next day it’s spring, and then we’re back to winter. Mother Nature needs to make up her mind already! Anyway, I’m excited to “officially” kick off the best season of the year! Bring on summer!

Since it’s Friday and all, it’s time for the next edition of What I’m Loving Lately – where I share some of my very favorite things from the week. And I am especially excited about this round-up because I am seriously in love/obsessed with a number of these items! 🙂

Birthday Cake Bar from Trader Joe’s – With so many birthday celebrations happening in the next few weeks, I stocked up on a bunch of these Birthday Cake Bars. They’re white chocolate with cookie crumbs and sprinkles, and they make such a fun addition to a birthday present. And, of course, I needed to see what they were all about myself before I starting giving them away to family and friends, and, I must say, they are pretty darn amazing!

IMG_7206

Boyfriend Tank w/ Pocket aka “the tank top of the summer” – You guys know that I’m not much of a fashionista, but I do like to look nice with a “causal-cool” kind of style, so this tank is perfect. It has a relaxed fit with a deep scoop neck and straps wide enough to wear a regular bra underneath it. (I’m not typically a fan of strapless bras.) It’s made from super soft jersey and comes in a ton of different colors. I actually own this tank top in three different colors and plan to alternate between them for an effortless style all summer long. FYI: It runs a little big, so order a size down if you’re in between sizes. I ordered an XS. 

tank top of the summer

Nordstrom’s Half-Yearly Sale – During the sale, you can take up to 40% off on purchases across all categories! It’s running now through June 4th, so be sure to hop on it for the best selection!

The Importance of Stress Management for Gut Health – Great article from Kate Scarlata! If you have IBD or IBS, be sure to check out Kate’s website and resources!

Carrot noodles from Trader Joe’s – One of my DTFN clients actually told me about these carrot noodles (thanks, Lauren!), and I seriously cannot get enough of them. They’re in the freezer section, so you just need to heat them in a pan on the stove top for 5-7 minutes before eating. They’re so easy to make – and quite tasty when burnt a little bit! 🙂

IMG_6974

Tweet storm tells the most amazing story about Mr. Rogers – This was a sweet story!

Premium Marine Collagen Peptides – I mentioned the other day that I had to give up my beloved (beef) collagen because of a recent food sensitivities test. I switched to a marine version from Vital Proteins that I already had in my kitchen cabinets, but I ran out not even a week later. I actually didn’t immediately buy more because I thought maybe I didn’t need it. A few weeks went by and, holy cow, I started to notice my hair falling out like crazy. I typically don’t lose any hair – maybe a strand or two when I get out of the shower – but I was noticing hair everywhere, especially post-shower. It was nuts! I thought maybe stopping my regular collagen routine (I add it to my iced coffee every morning) was to blame and, sure enough, once I started my regular use again, my hair loss slowed down quite a bit. I actually found this brand of marine collagen, which is quite a bit cheaper than Vital Proteins and works just as well! (My nails are finally making a comeback, too!)

How I Built This podcast – My new favorite podcast! Each episode is a story from well-know innovators and entrepreneurs (i.e. Whole Foods, Zappos), which shares their successes, failures, and insights into growing a business or brand. It’s super interesting and so motivating!

Question of the Day

Fans of business podcasts: Any recommendations? 

What’s up for Memorial Day weekend?

 

The post What I’m Loving Lately 85 appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake http://ift.tt/2s0S0Bs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049