Sun Day By The Pool

This was my first Sunday in a loooong time where I had no where to be now that soccer is over. We had just us and a whole day of warm sunshine ahead, so we made plans for the pool and a cookout!

But first, pancakes. With peaches and cherries. Love summer’s stone fruits!

I did some chores around the house to get things organized for the week. I don’t mind changing the sheets every week, but I really do not like putting comforters into duvet covers. Is there a secret trick to this I am missing? I generally get the corners in my hands and then stand on the bed to shake it down. I’ve also tried doing it inside-out on the bed, but that way seems harder.

Mazen drove to the grocery store for some items while I cleaned up ; )

We went to ACAC for a quick workout for me and 45 minutes of play time for M and then packed up a picnic and headed to the ACAC Waterpark that’s included in our membership.

We had our picnic first before spending a few hours splashing around.

We shared a PB&J, mini salad, Babybel cheese and fruit. Mazen taught me how to efficiently eat salad on the go: just pick up leaves, dip in dressing (on the bottom), and eat. No fork or mixing required!

We also shared a yogurt and a soft pretzel later that afternoon.

Back at the casa, the yard was primed for a little outdoor playing.

We had Thomas’s family over for dinner to celebrate our news.

We had burgers, grilled corn, and chips and salsa

And Eileen’s famous trifle for dessert!

I was horrified Sunday morning to read about the events that happened in London. My heart goes out to my English readers. I hope everyone has a safe and happy week.

The post Sun Day By The Pool appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2sILHTt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049