Week. End.

It’s me.

I had hoped to pop in with more lifestyle posts this week, but I never got the chance. Mazen came down with a mild fever on Thursday night and ended up staying home from camp on Friday.

He seemed totally fine by mid-morning, and we spent the day like this:

And then we did this. (These water balloon kits fill up a gazillion in 60 seconds! Most amazing invention.)

PS. I love this hose! It’s so soft and moves so gracefully since it’s so lightweight! Only bad thing is it looks like a snake! (*wide eye emoji*)

He was up at 6:30 this morning bouncing off the walls (literally) so I think he’s back to normal! Other than a million little colds when he was little, we have been so lucky that he has such a good immune system. He’s almost 5 and has only thrown up twice in his life and both times it was a one-time thing. (KNOCK ON WOOD!)

Earlier this week – I got my hair highlighted and trimmed. Much needed!

Ate a handful of romaine lettuce and kale salads. (Picture has dill havarti, turkey, avocado and Dr. Ho’s ranch.)

My SOCA soccer team wrapped up our season with a hard loss, but we made up with the disappointment with a nice happy hour at Three Notch’d.

I had Cho’s nachos for dinner! So delicious.

I’ve also been eating all the nectarines lately! Stone fruits are my favorite!

And finally, Gearharts Chocolates sent me their new Virginia Brewers’ Collaboration box.

Here are the descriptions:

  • Devils Backbone Brewing Co.’s (Nellysford) Vienna Lager and milk chocolate ganache made with malted milk and “torched” caramelized sugar, dipped in Gearharts‘ 66% signature Dark Chocolate.
  • Champion Brewing Co.’s (Charlottesville) Falconer Wheat Ale and dark chocolate ganache with toasted breadcrumbs and candied lemon, dipped in Gearharts‘ Dark Chocolate.
  • Port City Brewing‘s (Alexandria) Porter and dark chocolate ganache made with a house-made “coffee toffee” and finished in Gearharts‘ Dark Chocolate.
  • Hardywood Park Craft Brewery‘s (Richmond) Singel Blonde Ale and milk chocolate ganache with mango and clove, finished in Gearhart‘s Dark Chocolate.

Gearharts is some of the best chocolate I’ve had in this world, and these are so unique!

The post Week. End. appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2v3UBwE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049