I Wanna Live Where The Green Grass Grows

Oof – our yard has been through the ringer! Thomas LOVES landscaping, which is a really good balance for us because I don’t really care what my yard looks like. (I want it to look nice, but I’m not going to sing to the grass every night.) He spent the entire month of September working in the yard. (I never exaggerate, do I?)

Seriously though, there was a time when I never knew what was going to show up. Like the day when a giant dump truck came by to drop a giant pile of dirt in the front.

And then came back two hours later with MORE dirt!

All that super nutrient-dense pay dirt (from Panorama Farm!) got spread through the yard by hand, by Thomas. Poor guy worked after the sun had set a few nights. (He also planted all of those Schip Laurel bushes in the front by hand!)

T put down special straw netting to help with the erosion on the back hill. That’s the main reason the sod died on the hill, so we’re trying to keep the new seed in place.

We had a grass company come and fertilize, aerate and seed.

And I’ll be darned if there isn’t baby grass growing all over the yard now!

Here are two edible greens I had this week –

Tender baby greens with leftover squash, ravioli, and gouda.

And arugula with a white wine Dijon dressing, chicken, red peppers, and cheese.

What song should I sing to the grass tonight?!

The post I Wanna Live Where The Green Grass Grows appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2xCVBId

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049