Hoos Excited For Basketball!

^^Second helping of kale chips FTW!!!

We had a low-key Friday night – leftover chili and kale chips for all.

This was one of my best batches of kale chips in a long time (ok, I admit it, it was one of my only batches in a long time!) This time I cranked the heat up to about 400* and sprinkled on olive oil, smoked salt, and smoked paprika. They stayed in there about 15 minutes and were perfectly crispy. Everyone liked them!

On Friday night we finished season one of This Is Us and are taking a break to start season two of Stranger Things! #TVMarathon

On Saturday morning we had a light breakfast – toast with PB for me – because we had late morning brunch plans.

Our destination: the UVA basketball game! Mazen pumped himself up by making an arena in his room with tons of animal spectators in the stands.

We went to Hot Cakes for brunch (Mariebette had a 30 minute wait 🙁 ) and had coffees, fruit, and quiche.

We got to the game a little early and The Cavman was out greeting folks. Mazen took one look at him and said “NO! I’m walking the other way!” The Cavman saw him and threw a hilarious fit on the ground because Mazen wouldn’t talk to him. (Sidebar: I was terrified of mascots and Santa when I was little.)

We moved a little further away to take a selfie in front of the stadium…

And all of a sudden Cavman showed up behind us in the picture! Mazen laughed hard. #photobombed!

Mazen was more into the entertainment, the halftime show, spotting the Cavman, and the box of candy we got him than the bball game itself, but he still had a good time!

Isn’t this how you’d want to spend a Saturday afternoon?! Snuggled up with a good Christmas movie and a snack. We all went to the gym for a bit and then settled into the afternoon.

I bought these new boots at Old Navy this week and with a 20% off coupon, they were such a steal! I’ve been wanting a similar $100+ pair from Toms for a while. I love the neutral color, and they are padded and so comfy.

That evening we went to Maya for “Family Date Night.” I forgot how much I love this place!!

M was very happy with his Shirley Temple.

I can’t say enough good things about these two kinds of activity books: Imagine Ink and Water Wow. Both kept him busy for a good 30 minutes at the table before our meal came. I’m ordering about 5 more of each in different categories! The Imagine Ink uses a special marker to color and uncover pictures and puzzles, and the Water Wow uses a water-filled paintbrush to reveal colorful pictures when wet. The Water Wow is reusable because it dries white!

For dinner T had the Pecan-Crusted Pork Chop special, and I got the Cornmeal Catfish. We got lots of southern sides – mac, grits, collards, cornbread. So good!

Saturday morning shenanigans!

Part of this complete breakfast!

Mazen went with Matt to buy a Christmas tree, and I took Gus for a 3.5 mile run.

Sunday afternoon at 4 I went to a Yoga + Massage class at Elements Hot Yoga!! For 10 students, we did a restorative yin yoga while a massage therapist worked on our muscles. Heavenly!

How was your weekend?

The post Hoos Excited For Basketball! appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2zMKOgA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049