Hot In Heere

If you’ve caught wind on Instagram, we recently put in a gas fireplace! OMG I LOVE IT! I am cold pretty much from December to March, and I love that I now have a place where I can go heat up quickly. (I have been known to put my hairdryer in my shirt in the past!)

My first apartment had a gas fireplace and it heated all 700 square feet up to 90 degrees in the winter. Our new insert isn’t heating the living room that much, but it has definitely made a big difference. It’s also so nice to look at! We got it through Wooden Sun here in Cville, and we had a great experience. I was nervous to see how they would bring gas to the middle of the room, but they did some fancy move inside the guest room closet to get it there.

We spent the past week decorating for Christmas, ending with our tree over the weekend.

Recall last January when I went on a crazy decluttering spree after the holiday season ended. I don’t do well with the extra decor! (I think Sherry and I are on the same page!)

So, this year, I actually decluttered before I brought down the Christmas boxes. The red and green is “instead of” rather than “in addition to” our regular decor. I tucked away or relocated some of the knick knacks in the room, on the mantle, and on the book shelves.

When it was time to put things out, I had a blank slate! I moved the lanterns that had been in the fireplace out to the buffet table, along with the little gold trees I bought at Target a few years ago.

 

I bought these pillows at Target two years ago, and I’m not so much in love with them anymore. When I was there last week I didn’t let myself buy anything new, but I might when it all goes on sale soon! I love how they have the holiday decor sorted by style category. I think my style is Fireside and Merriment & Silver. What is yours? I think I am more into neutral and natural than red and green. I am obviously obsessed with the new Magnolia Hearth & Hand line!

I did just buy ridiculously soft and ridiculously inexpensive flannel sheets last week, though. They are so cozy!

Mazen was super excited to help with the decorating this year – especially all of the beads! He got quite mad when they kept sliding down, so I had to help him to get them to stay up.

He decorated his bedroom windowsill with a few kiddo toys.

He insisted on calling this pillow his!

Last but not least, my very favorite item to put up is our door wreath. I bought the reindeer hanger at Target a few  years ago and it works so well! Our wreath (from Grand in Road) is on a timer and lights up at night! Thomas also put icicle lights on our front porch!

What is your favorite (or least favorite) holiday item to get out every year?

The post Hot In Heere appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2C0kWOJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049