Quinn & Mumma Morning (3.5 Years Old)

I’ve partnered with Wonderful Halos to bring you this blog post. Right now, the brand is hosting a “Good Choice Challenge” to encourage consumers to make good snacking choices by choosing Wonderful Halos over other traditional unhealthy snacks in order to lead a healthier lifestyle. We LOVE Halos in our house and, most days, we’re eating at least a few – if not more – from our fruit bowl. Here’s a peek inside a Quinn and Mumma day and how we incorporate Halos and healthy snacking. As always, thank you for your support!

Quinn “boop-boops” me on the nose, and I’m instantly awake. Whatever dream I had the night before mixed with him poking my nose startled me awake. Haha! Once I figure out what the heck is going on, we head downstairs to see Dada. He’s already in the kitchen making himself breakfast.

Most mornings, I start my day with a glass of iced coffee (+ collagen), but I’m starving. Quinn says he’s hungry too, so I make him breakfast and then grab some Powerseed Protein Overnight Oats from the fridge for myself. Mal finishes his breakfast and heads upstairs for a shower, so Quinn and I eat in the living room, which is a special Friday treat! 🙂

Once I finish my oats, I give Murphy (his middle name is “spoiled”) my empty jar of nut butter. Look at those pug paws!

After breakfast, I get Quinn and myself ready for the day. It’s a “gym day” and we have some fun plans afterward, so I pack some snacks to take with us. We both ate an early breakfast, and we won’t be home until close to lunchtime, so I want to make sure we’re prepared for an active morning. I pack Quinn a couple of his favorite snacks: cheesy crackers and some Wonderful Halo mandarins, which I peel ahead of time for easy access.

Halos are great for sharing and easy to pack in lunches, take on-the-go, and snack on through the day. I also fill his water bottle and place inside his lunchbox. For myself, I fill a shaker with protein powder and then toss a couple of Wonderful Halos in my bag. Boom. Snacks are packed!

Once we’re packed up and ready to go, we say goodbye to Murphy.

And then hop in the car to drive to CrossFit. Of course, we remember to bring “Geet” (Quinn’s blanket) and Elmo, which is a new/old favorite. Quinn mostly likes throwing him in the air and trying to hit the ceiling.

At the gym, I work out while Qman plays with the kids in the childcare room. Class ends about 5 minutes early, so I hang out and chat with friends while I refuel.

My picks: Protein shake + Wonderful Halos, which is the perfect combo of protein + carbs after a workout. At 50 calories each, Wonderful Halos mandarins are a great post-workout snack and an excellent source of vitamin C. I love that Halos are so travel-friendly, sweet, seedless, and easy to peel and eat. It makes post-workout refueling super convenient!

Once I’ve had my post-workout snack, I head into the childcare room to get Quinn. He’s having a blast with the kids, but comes running for a big “Quinn hug.” Even though 3.5 years old is super challenging at times, it’s also so sweet. Qman is such a kind and loving kid. <3

After the gym, we head straight to Billy Beez, which is Quinn’s FAVORITE place right now. He asks to go just about every other day!

We stay and play for nearly 2 hours before he starts to get hungry and thirsty. We have packed snacks and water in the car, so we leave Billy Beez and head home.

I’m pretty hungry too, so Quinn and I share his snacks on the way home.

Back at home, I reheat some leftovers for lunch. Quinn and I eat together and then he tells me he wants to take a nap. This rarely ever happens, so I tuck him in on the couch and he falls fast asleep.

What a fun morning with my sweet boy. I can’t believe he’s already 3.5 years old. I know I say this all the time, but WHERE does the time go? I’m starting to realize just how quickly he’s growing up, and I’m excited to see him grow, but, man, it hurts my heart knowing that he won’t be small forever. THIS age is truly my favorite so far. I love hanging out with Quinn – just him and me. I truly cherish these days, and I’m glad that I can share some of them with you guys!

Happy holidays, friends!

The post Quinn & Mumma Morning (3.5 Years Old) appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake http://ift.tt/2z2cUCZ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049