After last year’s Cape Cod Classic with our hometown friends, we decided to make our “family” vacation bigger and better and move it to Moose Lake Ranch in Otisfield, Maine. This year, our group grew to 11 adults and 4 kids, and, my gosh, we had a good time! In fact, there was so much fun, I honestly don’t think I could recap it all, so I decided to create a top 15 of my favorite moments from the week. Ok, here we go!
1. The house – Holy cow. Moose Lake Ranch was epic. I’ll let the photos do the talking!
Moose Lake Ranch was also know as the “Suit of Armor (SOA) House.”
NBD, Luke Bryan stayed at Moose Lake Ranch last summer.
2. The rainbow that appeared within minutes of everyone arriving!
It was a sign of a great week ahead!
3. The iced coffee bar – This year, we bought plastic tumblers for everyone, which ended up being a huge hit. Everyone had their own cup for the week, which definitely cut down on dishes and misplaced drinks!
4. The lake – Ok, well, technically, it was a pond (Saturday Pond), but it didn’t seem that way at all. The water was nice and clear. We spent a lot of time at the
5. Yard games – Moose Lake Ranch provided a bunch and we brought some from home, so it was yard games all day! Let’s just say we’re definitely a family that loves games!
The water balloon pump pictured below was a big hit – we used it just about everyday of vacation!
Beetles were also a huge hit. Apparently, it was mating season at Moose Lake Ranch, and they were everywhere! Qman loves bugs, so he was obsessed with the beetle mania.
6. The hot tub. SO.MUCH.FUN!!!
7. Boat rides around the lake. Quinn loved it!
8. Family dinners – Each family was responsible for cooking dinner one night of the week. We ate some seriously delicious food!
Taco Tuesday, complete with margaritas, was an especially good time!
The Hauperts made pizza for our family dinner night.
9. Campfires – The adults stayed up late into the night hanging out around the campfire.
10. Family movie night – We watched Moana and ate popcorn.
11. Visiting Maine Wildlife Park – It was a fun family outing and both the kids and adults enjoyed seeing the animals (Quinn and I both saw our first moose!), but I especially liked what the park was all about. They care for wildlife that cannot survive on their own in the wild. Many were brought to the park because they were injured, orphaned, or because they were human dependent – raised, sometimes illegally, in captivity.
13. Spending some quality (technology-free) time with these sweet guys.
Unplugging (for real) was truly the best. We had zero cell service and no wifi at Moose Lake Ranch.
14. Cafe Nomad – One morning, Mal, Quinn, and I went “into town” for breakfast. Cafe Nomad was an adorable spot with an awesome menu.
We were definitely impressed with the food!
15. Family dinner at Norway Brewing Company – What a great place! We loved everything about Norway Brewing Company – the atmosphere, service, food, and beer. I highly recommend checking it out if you’re in the area!
What a wonderful weekend – can’t wait to do it again next year!
from Carrots 'N' Cake http://ift.tt/2w2iKnT