Research of the Week
Men who receive blood donations from ever-pregnant women (women who have been pregnant at least once, not women who are perpetually with child) are at a higher risk of dying.
Cannabis users are more creative than non-users (though the cannabis probably isn’t a causal factor).
Stress and junk food have similar effects on (mouse) gut bacteria.
Healthy oldsters maintain the gut biomes of 30-year-olds.
New Primal Blueprint Podcasts
Episode 191: Dr. Steven Gundry: Host Elle Russ chats with Dr. Steven Gundry, an accomplished surgeon whose current mission is to help patients avoid the operating table.
Each week, select Mark’s Daily Apple blog posts are prepared as Primal Blueprint Podcasts. Need to catch up on reading, but don’t have the time? Prefer to listen to articles while on the go? Check out the new blog post podcasts below, and subscribe to the Primal Blueprint Podcast here so you never miss an episode.
- Gender Bias in Medical Research: How it Operates and Why it Matters
- The Lowdown on Keto Side Effects: What’s Real, What’s Not, and What’s Helpful
Interesting Blog Posts
It turns out that Americans have been following dietary guidelines.
How the Middle East is showing male infertility to be a medical problem, not a masculinity problem.
Obesity among American adults is at an all-time high. C’mon, people.
Colorado teens are too heavy to make the military.
Stonehengers loved their honey-fed pork and cheese.
Richard Dawkins explores the evolutionary purpose of religion.
Inconvenient facts about animal agriculture.
Why cryonics might make sense.
Where the olive trees grow.
Farming: inevitable and miserable.
An anarchist wants people to make their own meds.
Things I’m Up to and Interested In
Primal Kitchen® is partnering for a Beauty Bundle Giveaway. You have until Sunday (October 22nd) to enter and win Primal Kitchen products, two cartons of Pique Tea, two jars and one stick of PiperWai’s All Natural Deodorant, and a corchicle to keep your iced tea cold and frosty!
Fossil find that surprised me: The one that could rewrite human history.
I would do this workout and be fairly content for life, if pressed: The minimalist’s strength workout.
My thoughts exactly: The hell is he doing?
I’m excited to announce: Collagen Fuel is back in stock!
- For a carb refeed, try these “PB&J” energy balls.
- You’ll want to put this steak tips hash all the way into your mouth.
One year ago (Oct 22– Oct 28)
- 16 Ways to Increase Neuroplasticity (and Why That’s Important) – Don’t worry, it’s BPA-free.
- Should You Eat Less Protein? – What are the arguments for reducing your protein intake?
Comment of the Week
“Could it be possible we will be offering up to the world a generation of metabolically ‘near-perfect’ humans?”
– Actually, Ontario, I’m planning to raise an army of optimized humans with perfect metabolic flexibility. The whole keto thing is meant to make them so efficient at burning body fat that I barely have to feed them or maintain a supply chain when they’re on campaign.
from Mark's Daily Apple http://ift.tt/2l75ahE