Overboard

Nothing like a green smoothie to start off the day! Mazen LOVES smoothies, and while this time of year they aren’t my first choice of breakfast due to their temperature, I do appreciate how quick, easy, and healthy they are. I always add some milk, some frozen fruit (a berry mix, tropical mix or a banana), a banana (either fresh or frozen), oats (for that great texture) and some Vega powder. I prefer the Coconut Almond or Vanilla flavor, but the boys both love the Chocolate!

Do you love my new photo backdrop?! I bought this board over the holidays to use for posts. It’s reversible and so pretty! (You can look forward to it appearing in a lot of posts this year.)

Lunch by the fire was greens, leftover black beans, leftover chicken, cheese, a little rice, yogurt, and hot sauce. SO GOOD for lunch! (Why does my thumb look so weird?!)

Did you know my mom has taken up painting? She takes after my grandmother, who was a fabulous painter, and they have similar styles of using bright colors and funky animals and people. She has been painting animals around her town that have been popular, and also paints children’s toys! Here is a painting of two of Mazen’s toys, Turk and Spikey, that she gave him for Christmas. Check out her website if you’d like to have something of your child’s painted!

BLECH. Seriously, would any of you eat these?!!?

Winter soccer has started! I love the fast pace and higher goal count. I scored the first one for our co-ed team – got us off on the right foot – bwahahaha! But, then we lost like 20-4 – ack! I’m playing indoor women’s league too, which I like even more. We have a great group this semester! My workouts these days are a mix of the sauna (because that totally counts, right?), hot yoga, soccer, and a few strength classes or Stairmasters thrown in there. I wish I could run outside, but I just can’t when it’s below 40 degrees or so.

And finally, we had this orange chicken two nights in a row. It wasn’t as good as the author’s version, but it was pretty good!

Hope you’re having a good week so far!

The post Overboard appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2CXgZyr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049