A Weekend of Red Eyes, Fossils, and Sunshine

Sunshine, FINALLY! Our weekend started with some crazy winds that cut the power for a good portion of Virginia. Some of my friends still don’t have it. We were lucky to only have had it glitch a few times. And on Saturday, the skies were bright blue.

Friday vibes:

We made our second of four Blue Apron meals for dinner: seared steaks with mashed potatoes. Steak isn’t something I usually crave, but it always tastes so good! We had cabbage and apple saute on the side.

After dinner, Thomas and I had a special date night in to watch The Shape Of Water. We had the idea to order cookies from Red Eye Cookie Co. which delivers hot cookies to your doorstep for a $2 charge (and an $8 minimum). What a cool service from Red Eye!

MY OTHER RECIPES

We tried four kinds (two of each) and nibbled on them all weekend. The chocolate chip and cookies & cream flavors were AMAZING! The peanut butter and signature red eyes (like red velvet) cookies were good, but I am a classic cookie kinda girl.

On Saturday morning, we made oatmeal – whipped banana chia with cinnamon vanilla almond butter.

And then dug for fossils!

The House Fairy brought Mazen this egg, which was great and much easier to dig into than the big block we did a month ago. Afterwards, you assemble the little fossil inside. Very cute!

Mazen went swimming, I fit in a workout, and we had leftovers for lunch, which was half a pork sandwich T brought me for lunch on Friday.

On Saturday afternoon, we went to the Big Room at acac Adventure Central with our neighbor, and then the boys played outside for a good portion of the afternoon.

We had Blue Apron Ginger Chicken Burgers with sweet potato fries for dinner.

T and I started The Handmaid’s Tale (it’s on Hulu, which I am doing a free trial of) and LOVED the first episode. I can’t wait to see what happens. (I should know because I read the book, but I think that was like 20 years ago – eek! – so I don’t remember the plot.)

Sunday:

A bed made by a 5 year old. Lol. I’ll take it!

And finally, an epic breakfast to end off a great weekend! T got croissants at the grocery store late Saturday afternoon and made us these breakfast sandwiches with egg, cheese, and bacon. Talk about a treat!

On Sunday afternoon, I had my first outdoor soccer game of the season (and it was a glorious sunny day for playing outside!) and then went to a girls’ night Oscar party in the evening.

Hope you had a good weekend! What did you think of the Oscars? Have you watched The Shape Of Water or The Handmaid’s Tale?



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2FVnFw7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049