Sprouting

We are into the part of the winter (because it’s technically still winter) where we get surprise 75-degree days. We have had quite a few in the last few weeks, and I have seen flowers sprouting up from the ground around town! I sure hope a blanket of snow doesn’t surprise us all.

Breakfast

Mazen won’t eat eggs, but he loves French toast, so it’s one of the ways I get nutritious eggs in him. I am pretty sure I fed him scrambled eggs his whole second year of life and he got totally over them.

Lunch

With warmer weather comes salad cravings. This one featured leftover salmon, avocado, blue cheese and blue cheese dressing, candied walnuts (which seriously MAKE the salad), and some chips on the side.

Snacks + Workouts

My indoor soccer seasons are over, sniff. I really loved playing indoor this year! I always prefer a smaller field because it’s just so hard to score on the big goals from the 30 yard line of a football field – unless you’re a superstar player! (I am not.) I am taking a break from my co-ed team this spring to focus more on women’s league. Two leagues on the same day was just getting to be too much, especially all of the driving.

Trail mix is such a great pre-workout snack because it’s so easy to digest and run!

Dinner

Pic from a recent date night. We went to Oak Hart Social and had a wonderful dinner!

I am on a mission to recreate this ricotta toast with country ham, apple, honey, mustard, and Brussels sprouts chips!

For a recent dinner at home, Thomas made the best fried mahi! He dredged it in flour, egg, and panko, and fried it in oil, classic style. We made zucchini, basmati, and a homemade tartar sauce on the side.

Remember a few weeks ago I mentioned the TV show The Sinner, which was recommended on the Young House Love podcast? Thomas and I watched it and loved it! It’s a total edge-of-your-seat mystery. We watched the first three episodes for free and then bought the rest because we were hooked. (There are only 8 episodes.) If you liked Ozark, this was a similar feel. It’s a nice start-to-finish story.

We’re going to need a new show soon. What do you recommend?

The post Sprouting appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2G2UAyP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049