Shorts That Don’t Suck

Guys, this blog post was so fun to put together! πŸ™‚ It was, for sure, a labor of love, and I can’t even tell you how many pairs of shorts I tried on for it… 40? 50 pairs? Maybe even more! But it was totally worth it because, as someone who has strong, muscular legs, I know how difficult it can be to find shorts that actually fit my thighs, don’t ride up, and drive me crazy. And, of course, I wanted to do my due diligence before making my recommendations to you all. 

In the past, I hardly ever wore shorts, and, if I did, they rarely went much above my knees. Over the years, I’ve gotten over my unhealthy obsession with hating my legs and have come to appreciate and maybe even enjoy wearing shorts. I’ve learned it’s all about finding shorts that move WITH you and make you FEEL great. Wearing an ill-fitting pair is one of the worst things ever. For real. I mean, how uncomfortable is wearing shorts that you’re constantly thinking about, pulling down and adjusting? Ugh, that’s the worst. Who has time for that nonsense? 

The shorts below are definitely more casual (lots of jean favorites), but all of them are wear-tested in real life and score high on style and, most importantly, comfort. I love all of the shorts recommended below, but I listed them in order of “obsession” with my top, top, top favorites first. I also included a bonus workout pair of shorts at the bottom, which are a tried-and-true favorite and might have even inspired another blog post: “Workout Shorts That Don’t Suck!” I hope you guys find these suggestions helpful and rock your shorts with confidence this summer! πŸ™‚

Caslon Rolled Denim Boyfriend Shorts – Love, love, love! These rolled denim boyfriend shorts couldn’t be more comfortable! I love that they’re casual enough for everyday wear, but stylish enough for wearing out to dinner with friends. They come in both regular and petite sizes, and they’re priced right at $58. I see myself wearing them a TON this summer! I ordered them in a size 25, and they fit perfectly – a little roomy in the hips, but not droopy!

Very similar to the shorts above, but not pictured – only because I bought them last last summer – but worth a mention because they’re so darn comfortable and J.Crew still sells them. (I assume they were popular last year!) The High-Rise Denim Short in Brixton Wash is super flattering with the same rolled cuff style, but they have a slightly higher rise on the waist. I own them in size 25. Both pairs of jean shorts mentioned are great – it just depends what style you prefer.

Modern Metro Shorts – I’ve mentioned these shorts a couple times on the blog already because they are so amazing! They’re insanely comfy, and I know I’ll wear these a ton – around the house, running errands, going on family hikes, and to the beach. They’re kind of a hybrid between a regular short and a board short, but the fabric is thick and stretchy, so they’re nice enough to wear everyday, but more casual and sporty. I originally ordered these in an XS, but ended up exchanging them for an XXS. If you’re in between sizes, I’d size down – they seem to run big.

Seersucker Every Day Shorts – How fun are these seersucker shorts? It was love at first sight with these babies, and they lived up to my expectations for sure. The fit, feel, and fashion came together perfectly with these shorts. They’re on the shorter side with a 3.5-inch inseam, but roomy enough that they don’t ride up. These shorts also come in pink, white, and light teal! πŸ™‚ I own them in a size 4.

Catherine Boyfriend Cutoff Shorts – Another jean favorite! Hey, I can’t help myself! πŸ™‚ These ones are a bit longer than the ones mentioned above, comfortably frayed, and a little stretchy. The cuff at the bottom can be rolled as high or as low as you’d like. I own these shorts in a size 2.

Caslon Cotton Twill Shorts – And here’s a non-jean pair of shorts! πŸ™‚ These cotton twill shorts have a hint of stretch, so they’re fitted without being super duper tight. They come in regular and petite sizes as well as other colors. I ordered them in a size 2.

Land’s End Cuff Shorts – I already mentioned these shorts on the blog, but they’re a longer style with adjustable cuffs. They come in different colors, and I bought them in a 4, which fit perfectly.

Brooks Chaser 3″ Shorts – An oldie, but goodie pair of shorts! I probably own 3 or 4 pairs of these shorts now, and they’re awesome for all kinds of workouts. They’re lightweight and semi-fitted, so they really move with you, especially over your thighs for movements like air squats, Cleans, Wallballs, etc. If you’re a fan of a longer short, Brooks makes a 5″ option and the plain black ones are on sale right now! πŸ™‚ I own these in a size small.

Question of the Day

Love shorts? Hate shorts? What shorts do you especially love?

The post Shorts That Don’t Suck appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake https://ift.tt/2KKBvUb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049