Magic Blue Chia Pudding

I am nuttzo about the texture of chia pudding! If you haven’t tried it, “fluffy” is the best way to describe it. If you have, then you know what I’m talkin’ ’bout! Since we’re in the season of chilled breakfasts and rushed mornings getting to camp on time, I’m all about overnight oats, chia pudding, or a quick smoothie I can take with me in the car.

This recipe is a basic chia pudding with some of the fantastical Blue Majik I bought a few weeks ago stirred in. This stuff is simply blue fun with some bonus nutritional benefits. It’s expensive, and honestly if I didn’t have a reason to want to jazz up foods in beautiful colors (a blog), I’m not sure I’d buy it, BUT spirulina does have its benefits, including antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, so it’s good timing for me to take it with all the SI joint pain I’m feeling from this pregnancy. (Read a summary of all its benefits here.) Plus a little goes a loooong way. It’s a great way to naturally turn things magic blue!

Naturally I prepare the chia pudding in a jar. Add all of your ingredients and then give it a good shake! You can eat out of your jar or pour into a pretty bowl. Or take it with you!

MY OTHER RECIPES

We are also loving the rainier cherries in season right now. They are so flavorful and sweet!

Magic Blue Chia Pudding

Yield 1 serving

Ingredients

1/4 cup chia seeds

1 cup milk

Pinch kosher salt

1/4 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 tsp Blue Majik (optional)

1 tsp maple syrup (optional but recommended)

Instructions

Combine everything in a jar or bowl and mix or shake completely.

Chill overnight in the fridge, or at least 4 hours.

Courses Breakfast, Snack

This recipe makes 1 serving that is about 380 calories with 20 grams of fiber + protein. Split into two portions for snack size.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2LGPtGi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049