Mocktails + Pools

Hope you all had a nice summery weekend. I went out to dinner twice, and got in lots of pool time!

On Friday I went out with Sarah and Lauren to celebrate Lauren’s birthday! Twist Front maternity dress from Old Navy. It’s so comfortable and inexpensive! (Hi Gus.)

We went to Bang! and shared a bunch of tapas. They have a nice list of mocktails and I went with the Lemondrop – I like mine a little tart. You never would have known there was no booze in this glass.

So many delicious things at Bang, including their famous coconut rice!

This cauliflower is epic!!!

On Saturday morning Thomas made us breakfast burritos with eggs, cheese, and bacon. Yum!

He tackled a yucky yard project all day, and Mazen and I played around the house. I did a bunch of chores – laundry, dishes, sorting. The usu.

I made smoothies for all for lunch around 1.

My hard workin’ man.

In contrast to the smoothie, I enjoyed a few bites of Lauren’s leftover birthday cake after lunch. This is cappuccino chocolate and was sooooo good. The frosting! We’ve been eating this three bites at a time all weekend : )

Saturday afternoon I went out to Sarah’s pool. Ultimate relaxing on a raft! I bought this maternity tankini top in the same Old Navy order. They have some good stuff!

On Saturday night Thomas and I went out downtown for a little date night. Third new dress! It was only $25 and I got everything 30% off.

We ate at Hamilton’s, which I think has one of the best menus on the downtown mall!

This calamari was sooooo good – cornmeal crusted with tomatoes, peppers, and olives in a lemon herb dressing with arugula. And the burrata with grilled apirocts and crostini was also fab.

We also shared tiny side salads

And split the crab cake entree. It was the perfect amount of food.

I have Thomas hooked on the Chaps Birthday Cake ice cream, so we ended the night way too full strolling down the mall with our cones.

On Sunday Thomas was up early to go golfing with his dad and brother, and Mazen spent the night with his dad so they could have breakfast and lunch together.

When you have two dads you make double the cards! Mazen made the one for Matt at school, and I helped him make one for Thomas too. I love his answers: “Gives me bacon.” :mrgreen:

I ate a bowl of cereal…

Went to a cycle class, took a trip to Whole Foods, and then we spent the afternoon with Mazen at the pool!

Hope you all had a lovely Father’s Day weekend.

The post Mocktails + Pools appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2JKKLKY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049