Two Cute Alligators

Here’s our final few memories from BHI 2018. We had such a great trip with near-perfect weather and some great times by the shore. The zinc-covered cousins had a great time playing alligators in the water and boating on the (very mild) waves of Bald Head’s south beach. It’s an ideal place to take kids because the surf is so calm. It was like a lake at times!

I promise he had way more fun floating in this orange slice than he lets off!

On Thursday night my parents babysat the kiddos while the four of us had a nice date night on the harbor.

MY OTHER RECIPES

During the hour-long wait for our table, I had a (virgin) jalapeno margarita.

And we had a lovely dinner on the upper deck of MoJo’s.

Hushpuppies with cinnamon butter and a panzanella and shrimp salad for me!

Goodnight kisses for the sleeping kids <3

Breakfasts have been simple bowls of fruit, yogurt, and/or cereal.

And for lunch I had this havarti dill + avocado + red pepper + pickle sandwich two days in a row!

I think baby B went through a big growth spurt this week (or maybe I was just fueling him well with chips and ice cream!) because I feel so much more pregnant than when I arrived.

We spent our final day on the beach all day under blue skies and sunshine. (Well, under the Beach Bubs!) I got in a nice hour-long walk in the morning.

And we ate our final meal – blackened mahi with rice, guac, peppers, and sour cream and salsa.

Beach weeks are my favorite kind of vacation, and we soaked up every minute.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2NyDTP8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049