Salad Of The Week

I always have greens, a bell pepper, a good cheese, and salad dressing on hand. But what varies on my lunch salads the most is the protein. If I have a good protein (like last week’s meatballs), I definitely eat more salads and find them so much more appealing!

I have realized that I don’t love doing prep days in the kitchen on Sundays, which I would rather spend with family or out doing fun activities. (I also realize that working from home / blogging allows me to have flexibility in my prep day schedule!) Therefore, I have been doing some of my weekly prep at lunch on Monday and some dinner batch cooking during Monday dinner. I’ll dirty up the kitchen making lunch and then cook 1-2 things right after before cleaning everything up.

This week my protein is a spiced chicken! I picked up an extra packet of organic chicken cutlets at Wegman’s last week and cooked them on Monday. I like cutlets or tenders because they are thin enough that they cook quickly in a pan. After patting dry, I simply seasoned with salt and pepper, smoked paprika, turmeric (spice of the year!), garlic powder, and cinnamon – just a dash. Everything was sprinkled on to taste – no measuring.

After browning both sides in some olive oil, I sliced up the pieces and have had them for lunch and dinner salads (or Thomas’s lunch sandwiches) this week. I bet they would make an awesome cubed chicken salad too!

In the summer we like to have dinner salads once a week or so, and this one featured the spiced chicken (it was under all the lettuce!) with homemade croutons, tomatoes, sharp cheddar, greens, and more.

What are your favorite proteins to have on hand for easy salad toppers?

The post Salad Of The Week appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2LHWLy6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049