Nesting + Resting

Friday night date night at Mas! We’re trying to fit in “one last visit” to all of our favorite dining spots. I said on Friday night I just wanted some “damn good food” and so Mas Tapas it was. We sat at the bar so we could chat with Thomas’s SIL who works there. The smoked tomatoes with gray salt….the giant shrimp with garlic aioli – everything is sooooo good!

So about last week…. You know you’re in nesting mode when you……vacuum out the freezer!!

Here are some of the things I did last week in preparation for baby’s arrival:

VIDEOS

  • Wrapped up all of my client-related blog projects for the YEAR! (Except anything new that might come in…) I’ve been working ahead all summer in order to have everything created, approved, and scheduled for the fall (much easier said than done :mrgreen: )  Stay tuned for some fun recipes and posts!
  • Got my car inspected, tires rotated, inside vacuumed, and oil changed
  • Cleaned the rest of the car myself (consoles, seats, etc)
  • Installed the car seat (the Mesa was a breeze to install! Already love it.)
  • Cleaned and organized the main fridge and freezer
  • Cleaned and organized the downstairs spare fridge (which mostly stores party libations)
  • Finished organizing the pantry, including labeling and sorting all of our spices (something I haven’t done in years) and moved our supplements from the pantry to the old spice cabinet.
  • Absentee voted!!
  • Got a prenatal massage, went to chiropractic appt and had my 37 week OB appointment…
  • …which included getting a flu shot
  • Took maternity photos with Cramer Photo <3 <3
  • Had the heating and air service people do our fall tune-up
  • Decorated the front porch for fall
  • Took Mazen to Target and stocked up on household goods (and bought a new shower curtain 🙂 )
  • Baked an apple crisp

When I wasn’t nesting, I was resting. Gussie didn’t eat his food one day, which was totally odd, and then he was extra snuggly on me, so I thought maybe labor was coming soon, but alas it was not.

LOVE the new pantry!! All these jars were shoved in the back of our upper kitchen cabinet for the longest time. Now I can actually see them all at once.

{Spice jars // Chalk labels}

This downstairs fridge looked like a fraternity before I got to it. Now she sparkles! My latest Winc shipment is ready for a party.

Every vote counts. Absentee voting took all of 5 minutes.

I’ve had a white tufted shower curtain in our main floor bathroo for ages, but something told me to bring in some color. I think it was the Target whisperers that haunt us while we shop. I just loved the texture and muted colors of this one, and it was on sale. Loving the color it adds to the bathroom! The rug is Nate Berkus for Target that I’ve had for a while. Much cuter than a boring old bath mat.

On the food front, I made an apple crisp! I asked Instagram for recs and got a ton of recipe options. I wanted something on the small side that was super simple, so I ended up trying Tina’s mom’s recipe. I tweaked it with 1/2 a cup of rolled oats and 1/2 a cup of regular flour, 4 apples, and only 2/3 a stick of butter because that’s all I had. It was delish!! Thomas said it needed “more crisp and less apples” – lol! Yes, 100% crisp would be pretty yummy!

I had it for breakfast the next day topped with a big scoop of greek yogurt : )

Lunches have been random this week – tuna salad with chips and grapes, leftover soup, and salads packed with all the leftovers.

The dinner highlight of the week was the Crockpot Queso Chicken Chili from Pinch of Yum!

He looks enthusiastic, but he would not eat it. I made him a quesadilla with the soup ingredients instead.

I had some regular, strong, period-like Braxton Hicks contractions on Friday night that seemed to be coming every 7-8 minutes for an hour while we watched This Is Us on the couch. Usually I get them when I move – change position, get up, sit down, go to the bathroom, etc. but these were coming while I was seated and still. They had me getting my hopes up that something might be starting, but alas, they faded away when I went up to bed.

Crazy Braxton Hicks shape:

I am officially in low power mode. 38 weeks today! I have some fun posts coming this week, and after that I’m going to live blog sporadically if baby is not here yet. I’m trying to savor these last few days (weeks?) of being pregnant and get my mind in as calm of a state as possible. I’ve stopped going to the gym (for the most part) and am focusing on yoga, walking, and other calming activities. I don’t want my body think I’m being chased by a dragon in intense workout classes anymore! I actually kind of feel like a senior in college who just finished her last exam. Remember that feeling of having all the time ahead of you? Baby, we are ready for you when you are <3



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2Pm1RxJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049