How To Have A Real Food Thanksgiving (See my holiday plan!)

I had the funniest Uber driver the other day…

He asked me, “You aren’t cooking for Thanksgiving are you?” I responded, “Of course!” and when he seemed surprised I laughed… “Ha ha, you have no idea who you’re talking to!” After I rattled off a short list of the items I was making, he gave pause and joked back, “Are you Martha Stewart?”

LOL… I’m definitely not Martha Stewart, but my Thanksgiving game is pretty strong.

It wasn’t always this way. Back in the day if I was “making” anything for Thanksgiving I’d usually wait until the last minute and grab processed items like canned cranberry sauce, supermarket rolls, and packaged stuffing mix. Can you relate?

If you’re feeling behind and want some help getting a “real food” Thanksgiving feast together, I’ve got something you are going to love…

Years ago, I put together all of my holiday recipes along with shopping and prepping tips and published them in an eBook. It includes a full holiday menu that you can use for not just Thanksgiving, but any holiday celebration – with over 20 recipes for appetizers, entrees, desserts. It’s my personal healthy holiday roadmap!

Since I am so THANKFUL for you and the incredible support you have shown for my new book Feeding You Lies this week, I am going to give you my holiday eBook for free!

Enter your email below and I’ll instantly send my 40-page Holiday Meal Plan to you:

Healthy Holiday Survival Guide

Download your FREE copy by entering your email below

One thing on (almost) everyone’s mind for Thanksgiving is the turkey…

If you eat meat, remember the best choice is an organic, pasture-raised turkey. This way you will avoid turkeys that were raised on antibiotics (and other growth promoting drugs) and GMO feed. Organic turkeys do tend to sell out early though! This is one area that it is good to plan out in advance. You can typically order an organic turkey from a local farmer, or specialty grocer such as Whole Foods or Earth Fare. Some major grocery stores carry them now too! If you weren’t able to get your hands on one this year, don’t beat yourself up. Just make note to check earlier next year and make it part of your regular holiday routine!

Here’s a quick list of some of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes on the blog…

  1. Cornbread Stuffing
  2. Raw Stuffing
  3. Spaghetti Squash Casserole
  4. Cranberry Sauce
  5. Garlic Roasted Vegetables with Lentils
  6. Raw Brussels Sprouts Good Fortune Salad
  7. Healing Everyday Hummus
  8. Roasted Pumpkin Spice Nuts
  9. Coconut Milk Ice Cream
  10. Pumpkin Pie With Coconut Whipped Cream

As you make these recipes, please share your spirit on Instagram and use the hashtag #FoodBabe – I would LOVE to see your creations!

I want to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. I appreciate you more than you know.

Thank you for standing by my side…

Thank you for sending kind words of support…

Thank you for sharing your own stories and struggles with me…

Thank you for not buying crappy processed food and voting with your dollars…

Thank you for helping me fight Big Food…

Thank you for caring about the food you feed your families…

Most of all, thank you for caring about your health. It is so important.

You are doing amazing work. I love you!

Xo,

Vani

P.S. My new book is almost here, have you heard the news?

Feeding You Lies: How to Unravel the Food Industry’s Playbook and Reclaim Your Health, is available to pre-order now.

I expose the shameless lies we are being fed about our food by the very people we should be able to trust for health information…

…lies about its nutrient value, effects on our health, label information, and even the very science on which we make our food choices. It’s investigative, hard-hitting, and a must read.

Get it locally near you here or at Barnes & Noble or Amazon.

{Feeding You Lies hits stores February 19, 2019}

 

Posts may contain affiliate, sponsorship and/or partnership links for products Food Babe has approved and researched herself. If you purchase a product through an affiliate, sponsorship or partnership link, your cost will be the same (or at a discount if a special code is offered) and Food Babe will benefit from the purchase. Your support is crucial because it helps fund this blog and helps us continue to spread the word. Thank you.



from Food Babe https://ift.tt/2BfKmdJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049