Festive Weekend

We are getting in the spirit over here!

On Friday I walked downtown for a free mother support group led by a lactation consultant at Bend Yoga. It was great to connect with so many other moms, and I recognized quite a few of them from prenatal yoga! Beforehand, I picked up a smoothie from The Juice Place and strolled the mall for a bit.

After the group, B was ready for a nap so I strolled over to Iron Paffles for my first visit. They make puff pastry waffles filled with all kinds of sweet or savory options. I’ve been seeing incredible flavors on Instagram, and it was the s’mores nutella flavor that had me beelining to the shop. I brought it home to share with Mazen after school, and OMG it was goooood!

B loves his stroller! (And this car seat cover keeps him super cozy)

On Friday night Sarah and her mom took Mazen with them to the downtown Christmas tree lighting event. They had a wonderful time. And note who is missing another tooth!

Meanwhile, Thomas and I ordered Fry’s Spring Pizza + salad through Grub Hub and had a nice little date night in.

All ready for night night! We love the gown-style jammies for easy diaper changes.

On Saturday we woke up to drizzly rain, and Thomas took Mazen to his last soccer game. The difference in game one and this one was night and day – he has gotten so much better (in both attitude and skill 🙂 )

I had a smoothie for breakfast around 10am because that was the earliest I had a free moment! This tropical flavor from Daily Harvest was off the beaten path yet really good.

Mid-day I left B with Thomas, and I took Mazen to back-to-back kiddo birthday parties at ACAC (Matt took over mid-way through) and then we headed to our own party: a “Baby’s Brewing” co-ed shower at Three Notch’d!

The shower was SO fun – we had sliders and veggie platter and pretzel bites and beer. And then cupcakes and cake for dessert. It was great to see a bunch of friends I hadn’t seen since I’ve been hibernating.

The weather was cold and drizzly all afternoon, so we cozied up at home when we got here.

We had the exact same dinner as the night before (leftover pizza) with a new homemade salad.

For entertainment we watched Crazy Rich Asians. I wanted to love it since so many people recommended it but I thought it was pretty cheesy and the plot was predictable and a bit boring. Sorry! It was still fun to watch.

Thomas loves to make big Sunday morning breakfasts, and so we had egg and sausage burritos with oranges and OJ.

B and I dressed in our holiday outfits because it was tree decorating day! I looked down just as a I snapped this to find his little face crumpling. I guess he was doing his impression of The Grinch!

I did some housework and fit in a treadmill workout (I ran for the first time – just a little intervals!) and showered. It’s funny how doing three simple things is a huge accomplishment these days!

Thomas took Mazen to get our Christmas tree, and we spent the afternoon decorating.

I also reorganized our bookshelves for a cleaner look – to balance the busy tree! 🙂

Mazen called the stockings “foot sacks” because he couldn’t remember the word stocking :mrgreen:

It was a jolly ole time!

The post Festive Weekend appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2PiEB2V

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049