New & Newsworthy

How amazing is our new watercolor of Gus the dog!? Artist Bruna Mebs has done an illustration of Mazen and a watercolor of my parents’ home, and we’ve added this lovely painting of Gus to the collection. It was a gift for Thomas for his birthday! Bruna is offerig you all 15% off of custom artwork with the code KATHEATS on Etsy. If you order in time, a painting would make a wonderful holiday gift for someone who ‘has it all.’

YHL Furniture

Did you see that Young House Love has a new furniture line at Wayfair!? I love everything about their style! The scalloped sideboard above is my favorite piece, and I wish I had a need to buy this table!

Let There Be Smart Lights

Our house is getting smarter by the day! We now have six Alexa plugs that control our main floor and bedroom lights. Since my hands are often occupied with a baby, it has been amazing to control the lights with my voice! On the main floor, Alexa controls the three lamps there if we say “Alexa lights on/off.” We also have the Christmas tree on a timer plug but you can voice activate it too by saying “Alexa turn on tree.”

When we go upstairs at night, we say “Alexa goodnight” and she turns off the main floor lamps and turns on the upstairs ones. We have my nightstand lamp along with a new Himalayan salt lamp on two plugs up there. The salt lamp is great for nighttime with Birch when I need light but want to keep things dim. It creates just the perfect amount of light to see for diaper changes and nursing. We just say “Echo (because we have an Echo up there) turn on salt” in the middle of the night and we can see without getting out of bed.

Finally, we have the Amazon Cloud Cam (which I bought bundled with the Echo Spot which has a screen) as our nursery monitor and it’s been going great (for the few crib naps we get.) I LOVE that we can see it from our computers and phones. Another great bonus is that I can get a motion alert on my phone anytime he moves, so I don’t have to always be watching the screen. I didn’t know if we would like it more or less than a traditional baby monitor (which we still have) but so far, liking it MORE! At night when he moves to his nursery someday, we can use the Echo in our room to keep the screen on him.

Bra Style

Thanks to all of you who recommended the Brooks Juno for nursing. The velcro-down straps are great and it has great support. I’m still wearing my sports bra on the outside of my workout clothes for home workouts. It’s low on fashion but high on functionality!!

Leggings Update

And finally a leggings update. The current four pairs in my rotation are:

Favorite overall: Align. They just fit better than the Wunder Unders and the waist is the most comfortable. They do have a little pilling in the crotch but I don’t wear them for workouts. I think they look best with clothes too! I sort of wish I’d gotten a second pair instead of the Wunders but I’m happy to have both. I’ve decided the Athletas are my favorites for workouts, and the Amazon ones are a bit too compression-y and tight but I still like them a lot for the price. I just never reach for them unless everything else is in the laundry.

That’s a wrap!

The post New & Newsworthy appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2C7Vk5i

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049