Friday, June 8, 2018
This post is sponsored by Eufy
aka “The Mommy Smoothie!”
Smoothies are my number-one way to get Mazen to pack in some nutrients – and they have been since he starting eating real food! My child does not like berries (WHAT?!), so this is really the only way I can get those good antioxidants into his little body. Thus, we enjoy smoothies at least a few times a week.
Eufy sent me their latest and greatest blender to review in a blog post. I’ve had a Vita-mix for about a decade now, and this Eufy blender rivals it to a T. For now, my Vita-mix is tucked away and we’ve been loving the Eufy for the past few weeks.
They are very similar in their style and shape, as both have the blades only on the bottom and multiple speeds. But here are a few more things I love about the Eufy:
- It’s very lightweight, so dragging it out from its storage corner is a lot easier, as it rinsing it under the faucet.
- The Eufy fits under my cabinets (I know some Vita-mix blenders do, but my model does not)
- The Eufy has programmed buttons for “Cleaning” and “Smoothie” that do all kinds of fancy slow-to-fast movements to create the perfect result. The blender shuts off when it’s ready!
- The Eufy is dishwasher safe!! (Honestly, I’ve been using the self-cleaning button mostly, but this is good to know if you have a particularly garlicky recipe that needs a super clean!)
In terms of consistency, it’s spot on! The best smoothies (in my opinion!) make a tornado vortex while blending and have little bubbles upon pouring.
The consistency was perfect – smooth and silky!
Here are the ingredients to my favorite smoothie in an nicely organized chart:
And in recipe form! Note the Vega Coconut Almond is entirely optional, but I love the flavor it brings.
Yield 2 servings
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup greens
- 1 handful oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 scoop Vega Coconut Almond (optional)
Courses Breakfast, Smoothie
I dressed mine up with homemade granola (recipe TBD!) and a few frozen berries for garnish.
The Eufy blender retails for $129.99 but will be dropping to a $99 sale on Amazon over the weekend on Sunday and will remain on sale until the 24th!
Thanks to Eufy for sponsoring this post.
from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2M97ii8