Jazzed-Up Bran Muffins

I have been on a bran muffin kick since my taste buds were turned on by the Albemarle Baking Company box of treats our neighbors brought us when Birch was born.

Exhibit A:

During my research of consuming one half a giant muffin at a time, I discovered that the Mudhouse Coffee bran muffins are amazing as well!

Exhibit B:

As a result, exhibit C was born: a healthier, properly portioned, semi-homemade bran muffin I can pull out of my freezer and enjoy anytime.

These are semi-homemade because I found a bran muffin mix at Whole Foods and #hadtohaveit. But bran alone seemed a bit boring, so I added dried cherries, flaked coconut, and some shredded carrots from the fridge to give this muffin a nutritional edge. (Hmm, dark chocolate would be good in these too!)

Served warm with butter, this muffin can run with the best of ’em.

I froze most of my batch and pull them out when a craving hits to heat up in the toaster oven.

Jazzed-Up Bran Muffins

Fancy up your favorite bran muffin mix with cherries, coconut, and carrot for increased texture and nutrition! 

  • 1 Box of Organics Oat Bran Muffin Mix
  • Mix ingredients as needed (egg, etc)
  • ½ cup dried cherries
  • ½ cup dried unsweetened coconut
  • 1/3 cup shredded carrots
  1. Prepare muffin mix as package directs.

    Stir in cherries, coconut, and carrots. 

    Bake per package directs and enjoy. 

And if you know me well (and many of you do!) you’ll know that I crumble muffins on top of anything! Yogurt is a favorite. Oatmeal too!

If the thought of warm muffins has you feeling cozy, perhaps you’ll want to spend your afternoon like so:

(Look at his ruffled sleeves!) 

The post Jazzed-Up Bran Muffins appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://bit.ly/2SZWQjr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049