Batman Hit a Growth Spurt

Hi, friends!

Quinn slept in until 7:35 this morning, which, for a kid who doesn’t wake up much later than 6:00 most mornings, was quite the world record! He actually seemed taller when he came out of his room this morning, so I made a comment that maybe he hit a growth spurt overnight. As soon as the words came out of my mouth, Quinn said he wanted to measure himself. He immediately walked downstairs and opened the door to the hall closet.

Quinn had indeed grown since the last time we measured him back in January. I actually measured him 3 different times just to make sure. Batman definitely hit a growth spurt!

After I dropped Quinn off at school, I swung by Stop & Shop for “cheesy popcorn,” which was Quinn’s request for our movie night tonight. I always walk down the peanut butter aisle when I’m there – just to see if the Teddie Peanut Butter is on sale. I guess it was my lucky day because it was just $2.99 a jar. Of course, I stocked up and bought 4!

After that, I stopped by the YMCA for a quick 30-minute workout. I did a 10-minute kettlebell met-con followed by 20 minutes of lower body strength training, which included the Leg Press and Hack Squat machine. I don’t typically like putting heavy weight on my back because it compresses my spine and just doesn’t feel good, but these machines were awesome. They didn’t hurt my back, and my legs felt like Jello by the end of my workout!

After that, I swung by the library to return some books and pick up a new one that I had one hold. (Have I mentioned how much I love the library?). I heard an interview with the author, and it definitely piqued my interest. FYI: I have a “book review” of What to Eat When when coming soon to the blog!

On the drive home, I listened to another episode of Armchair Expert with John Gottman as the guest. It was actually recommended to me by a reader, and it’s all about marriage and relationships. It was super interesting – definitely worth a listen!

After running errands all morning, I took a quick shower, took three back-to-back phone calls, and then finally looked at my inbox. Oy. I swear, email controls my life. I really need to put some systems into place. If you have any awesome ideas, please send them my way!

My afternoon finished off with another trip to the vet for Murphy’s ulcer eye. Thankfully, this time, he was awarded a clean bill of health!

After that, I picked up Quinn from school. We ate dinner, and now we’re snuggling on the couch watching a movie and eating cheesy popcorn.

The end.

Question of the Day

What’s the best piece of marriage advice you’ve ever received?

It’s Friday tomorrow. What are you looking forward to this weekend? 

Any awesome ideas/apps/tools to manage inbox madness?

The post Batman Hit a Growth Spurt appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake https://ift.tt/2Fe0uhT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049