BERF 2.0

Look who is sitting up like a big boy in his high chair!! We have the OXO Tot Sprout Chair and loved it with Mazen. (It comes in a BIRCH wood now, but alas I will not be buying a new one just to have that.) Now that Birch has passed the four month mark, it’s time to start thinking about solid foods. Our pediatrician said we can introduce them whenever we feel he is ready. He is definitely showing signs of interest in our food, but mommy is not quite ready to jump into solids! I think I will wait a bit longer before trying anything with a spoon involved. But I have given him a few tastes (aka licks) of fresh fruit and watched his face for any sign of enjoyment! For now, he’s getting to sit at the table with us and participate in meals.

You might recall in its original post that the cushions were bright green. Mazen got great use out of it, and I loved the chair. It has a small footprint so it tucks nicely into corners (I can’t believe how large some of the highchair footprints are! I trip over them at rental houses.) I also love the smaller tray – it’s easy to wash in the sink. (Some of the trays they make are way too big for baby food!)

Our high chair took a long journey to the Struckmann house and Sawyer used it for the past few years. Sawyer is quite the active little boy and the cushions were well loved when it came home. YIKES!

But Sarah bought me replacement cushions – and ones in a color I much prefer in 2019 so it was a win-win! And after a good scrub, the chair is good as new.

I’m not sure yet where we’ll store it when B isn’t eating. It needs to be near the kitchen and dining room, but I obviously don’t want it in the walking area. I might just push it up like a chair here. Or we might move our marble table. (Thomas is concerned about moving the Sonos speaker because there’s not another great spot for it to provide surround sound….)

Here we are enjoying some Plenty stuffed peppers and kale caesar with Birch joining in! Doesn’t he look thrilled? I think he still prefers to eat in our laps.

Maybe he will enjoy dinners more when his food is not made of plastic!

The post BERF 2.0 appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2O3Vf7l

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049