Quotes from Kindergarten Screening

Hi, guys!

My morning started with a workout at Iron Way followed by quite the delicious overnight oats mixture. I made steamed carrots in the instant pot last night and then pureed them with vanilla almond milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and a touch of sea salt. I added that to rolled oats with hemp seeds and collagen, and let it sit overnight in the fridge. This morning, I added a big ol’ scoop of Teddie peanut butter, and, my gosh, it was tasty – and nutritious! 🙂 Sorry that I don’t have an official recipe, but you can totally wing it. It’s hard to mess up overnight oats!

After breakfast, I got Quinn ready for the day, which included kindergarten screening. Holy cow, my baby is really growing up. We’ve been talking about kindergarten/Quinn’s new school, and he’s super excited about it!

As we were leaving the house for his screening, Quinn asked: “Are there cots there?” (As in, will there be naps at my new school?) I (laughed and) replied no, and he raised his hands in the air and yelled “yayyyyyyy!”

The screening was short and sweet. It took maybe 15 minutes. Quinn came out of the screening room with a sticker on his jacket and a smile on his face, so I assume things went well.

In celebration of a successful kindergarten screening, I suggested that we grab a donut at Dunkin Donuts on the way home. Of course, Quinn was ALL about it, but added: “I wish Coffee Shack was open.” Oh, me too, bud. We miss Coffee Shack so much. As we drove away from Quinn’s new school, he sighed and said from the backseat: “I love this school.”

Question of the Day

Anyone else have a little one going to Kindergarten in the fall? 

P.S. Brandless has stainless steal straws for just $3

The post Quotes from Kindergarten Screening appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake https://ift.tt/2TVGMzx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049