Mother’s Day Revolved Around Food

My boys treated me to THE BEST Mother’s Day on Sunday. Much of the day involved eating, drinking, and be merry. Let’s just say Mother’s Day revolved around food… and, of course, spending time with my boys. I actually think it was my favorite Mother’s Day yet!

The morning started with all sorts of awesomeness, including a Mother’s Day song that Quinn sang to me as well as a bunch of presents – golf lessons, a shark koozie, and Hershey’s Kisses. Quinn said part of my present was also tucking me in the couch with his stuffed animals (“Tiny Eagle, Pinch-y, Bobo, and Daffodil”) and blankets (“Geet and Noonie”) and eating chocolate. The kid knows me so well! 🙂

Speaking of knowing me well, Quinn also made me this:

After that, we headed to Lucky Finn Cafe for breakfast. It’s one of my favorite places, so it was an easy choice for Mother’s Day! 🙂

And, of course, I couldn’t ask for better company.

I ordered the “Figgy” sandwich (fig spread, cheddar, bacon), which was incredible. Yummmm!

Quinn ordered an almond croissant and house-made chocolate milk.

Almond croissant versus Quinn – haha!

Quinn and I also shared a special Mother’s Day cupcake.

Cupcake cheers! 🙂

After breakfast, we drove home to clean up the house, meal prep, and do laundry. Around lunchtime, we headed to Whole Foods for the second part of my Mother’s Day celebration. We bought a bunch of supplies for another “Euro Party Night,” which obviously meant that we needed to stop at the Euro Mart for some cured meats.

Our party also included a tasty white wine blend from Scout & Cellar and white chocolate toffee cookies from Barnes & Nobles. Holy yum!

Mother’s Day pretty much revolved around food and spending time with my boys, which is exactly how I wanted to celebrate the day. I hope all of the moms out there had a wonderful day as well!

Question of the Day

Moms, what was the best part of your Mother’s Day? 

The post Mother’s Day Revolved Around Food appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake http://bit.ly/2YqQkkH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049