Prime x2

Happy Prime Day! How fitting that we went on a date night to Prime 109 this weekend. I didn’t realize the coincidence until I was brainstorming a title for my weekend post!

We are an Amazon lovin’ family and have a lot of the Amazon devices in our house that are probably on sale today! We use the Cloud Cam + Echo Spot for our baby monitor. (Echo Spot is buy 2 save $40 for PD!) Both our living room and master bedrooms are outfitted with Amazon’s Smart Plugs so we can say “Echo turn on lights” and the room lights up. And we both have Kindle Paperwhites and love them. (I have the new waterproof one that is awesome!) If you go to Whole Foods today, be sure to get this deal! Thomas got it for us over the weekend.

Favorite Primes

I searched my Amazon history and here are my favorite things I primed to my house this year:

  1. Yeti Camper Mug
  2. Fill-in-the-Blank Kids Thank You Cards for Mazen
  3. Beautiful Floral Packing Cubes
  4. Black + Gold Gym Bag for my soccer gear (with TWO water bottle pockets)
  5. Amodex Stain Remover – this stuff is magic!
  6. Linen Ring Sling for $39

Most boring thing I ordered? A million nursing pads. Also in my order history: a dozen pokemon cards (ordered on Mazen’s behalf), a whoopie cushion, and a lot of plastic bugs!

I love how Prime Day and the Nordstrom sale have turned this week into Black Friday in July. Gap, Old Navy, and Athleta are all having huge sales today too. I’m going to look for some clothes for the boys for fall!

Friday

Kickin’ off the weekend like…

Erica and I took Birch + Fern on a stroller run early Friday morning. Running first thing is always so hard for me (I’m sleepy, stiff, hungry, and thirsty for coffee) but it’s always the most rewarding time to run! Plus misty summer mornings are the best.

Refuel:

Spaghetti Party

Friday night we made spaghetti for Mazen – his favorite.

T and I watched the most recent Handmaids on Friday night. There were two really upsetting scenes. Ugh. This show is not easy to watch!

Saturday

I decided to take the weekend off from the gym because I had two soccer nights followed by that run and my legs and foot were feeling pretty stiff. We played floor games instead, and Birch learned to crawl!

Mazen did this Paint A Turtle craft that Grammie sent (from Amazon!) He made a little house for him too. His name is Timmy!

B made a little house out of a box too!

I had a late breakfast of quiche and cherries –

And a Daily Harvest smoothie for lunch. Loved this flavor – acai and cherry.

Pool Escape

I escaped to the ACAC rooftop pool for a little bit in the afternoon. Thomas told me to go enjoy myself! I read my book and took a dip and even a little nap!

Date Night @ Prime 109

I haven’t worn this dress in 2 years! It’s Athleta and made of a summer-friendly material. It’s probably my favorite summer dress. Also: pockets.

We were so excited to have a sitter and spend some time on a date downtown. First stop was SkyBar for people watching!

Then we went to Prime 109, Cville’s newest upscale steakhouse.

We had sparkling wine (complements of our friend the manager!)

This was a “funnel cake” appetizer with crab, peanuts, herbs, and corn pudding.

Parker Rolls!! That salt crust…. 100!

We shared two steaks – one a sirloin and one a dry-aged bavette.

With sides of mashed potatoes and zucchini.

And lastly – this amazing sundae for dessert!

Full + happy + in love.

Sunday

Sunday usuals: Thomas tending to the Big Green Egg and chores in the morning followed by a summery afternoon of swimming with the boys.

Thomas classic breakfast: eggs, biscuit from JM Stock, fruit salad.

We went to a friend’s pond for swimming. AKA everyone else swam (including Gus) while Birch and I sweated in the muggy July heat. Haha. I do not swim in murky water!

Nine hours later, Thomas made it! He finally achieved perfect smoked pork shoulder!

And we had yummy pork tacos to celebrate with homemade slaw, sharp cheddar, Greek yogurt, and sriracha.

Hope you had a great weekend!

The post Prime x2 appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2LSJWQj

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049