Back In The Cook Of Things

When you’re short on kitchen time, Blue Apron makes a great bridge between take out and cooking from scratch. Thanks to Blue Apron for sponsoring this post. 

I remember back to when Mazen first became mobile, crawling around at my ankles and getting into things, I had all kinds of strategies for cooking. I used to make meals in the mornings, I subscribed to a meal planning service, and I wholeheartedly embraced the prep day for that season of life. I prepped every ingredient in little glass bowls, down to the minced garlic, so when it was dinnertime I could throw the food in a skillet or pot and it would nearly cook itself. Now that Birch is mobile, and also getting into EV. ERY. THING. I’m ready to put some of those old practices into place.

He did have fun unboxing the ingredients with me!

Many of you know I have partnered with Blue Apron over the years and truly love the diversity and inspiration that comes from the recipes. (It’s also a whiz to get in and out of the grocery store with a baby when you only need staples because the bulk of your ingredients are coming to your doorstep.) We generally do the 4-person plan so we can have leftovers for lunch, and there are 16 recipes you can choose from there are no surprises. If you haven’t tried Blue Apron for yourself (and itsabouttimeyoudid!) I’m offering $60 in FREE meals for you and your fam.

The first 50 of you to sign up will get $60 off your first 3 weeks of Blue Apron! Click here for more details.

Valid for first-time meal plan subscribers only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. 

Pull up a chair and let’s make a meal together!

Orange & Sweet Chili Chicken

This recipe was a huge hit in our house! It was packed with flavor from the sweet chili sauce to the togarashi seasoning on the finish. (I didn’t know was that was either!) The little white discs are Korean rice cakes called tteok. I had never heard of them, but I LOVED their chewy texture! I also appreciated that this meal was packed with vegetables – generous amounts of broccoli and cabbage.

Let’s cook!

I put Birch down for a nap, turned on a podcast, and got to cookin’ at 10am. It was lovely!

I boiled the tteok for just 3-4 minutes until they were ready. They reminded me of flat dumplings.

I also really appreciated all of these aromatics pre minced for me!! My kitchen smelled delicious.

It made enough to feed a crowd!


Thanks to Blue Apron for sponsoring this post.

The post Back In The Cook Of Things appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/30rzGSM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049