10 Healthy Packaged Foods For Kids

Ideally Birch + Mazen eat lots of fresh real foods. Fresh fruits, whole grains, dairy, vegetables (I try!), proteins. I give hem both whole foods and mixed foods leftovers from our dinners. I always try to use up the fresh foods before reaching for freezer or pantry backups. First because I want to use up what could spoil but second because I believe fresh food is best. That said, sometimes the fresh food is running low and the kids still have to be fed! These are 10 healthy packaged foods for kids that I rely on when my fridge is looking bare.

Healthy Packaged Foods For Kids

1 + 2 // Frozen waffles and whole wheat mini pancakes.

Birch often has these for breakfast on days when I don’t have a baked good (like oatmeal cookies or muffins!) prepared and/or we’re low on bread for toast. He LOVES them both!

3 // Frozen Spinach Pizza

This has been a staple for Mazen for years when I need a kid dinner like when we have a babysitter. I love that it has spinach and is single serving (no leftovers) and M is thrilled any night he gets to have one. I think Birch is almost ready to try it himself in tiny cut-up bites. (Warning: it does give kids garlic breath!)

4 // Chicken nuggets.

Fact: This is either the first or second time in my life my freezer has had chicken nuggets in it! Not because I am holier than thou but because Mazen has just never been a big nugget eater. And I haven’t found one I like! A friend recommended this brand to me and it has some pureed veggies and whole grains for a little boost. I cook these in the microwave for Birch if we need a fast lunch protein.

5 // Ready Pasta

I found this at Wegmans (most of the foods in this post are from Whole Foods). It’s just pre-cooked and vacuum packed pasta that you heat in the microwave. It was kind of amazing how fast the pasta was ready with not a dish to do! I added butter and parmesan and will also try pesto soon.

6 // Canned Salmon

I can’t say that Birch LOVES it, but it’s been nice to flake onto his tray, especially if I’m making a little salmon salad for myself!

7-8 // Freeze Dried Fruits + Veg

Another tip from a friend are freeze dried fruits. I’ve always loved these pea pods for Mazen, and Birch is just old enough to eat them. I also love those peanut butter bombas from Whole Foods. We also do fruit cups with soft pears or peaches if we’re out of fresh fruit.

9 // Soft Bars

“Nutrigrain” style for Birch because he’s not quite ready for nuts. These are good in a pinch for a snack or on the go.

10 // Pouches

Of course – the toddler staple. Birch can crunch one in less than one minute. These are also a our go-to if I’m eating lunch or dinner away from home and want to make sure I have something he can eat. (Say, if we’re going to a party where I’ll find some finger foods). He eats at least one pouch a day.

Please share some of your favorites!

I find that mom-to-mom recommendations are the best way to get more ideas!

More Posts On Feeding Kids

The post 10 Healthy Packaged Foods For Kids appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2qcSzg7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049