Athleisure Winter Favorites

athleisure winter favorites

Athleisure Winter Favorites

A year ago I declared a handful of athleisure staples as  my “mom uniform.” This year’s uniform has a bit more variety, but as always, I live in mostly (black) athleisure staples that put comfort and convenience at the top of the fashion pyramid. Here’s what’s in this year’s wardrobe and what I love the most in my closet!

Leggings, All Day, Every Day

High Price

Lululemon Align II 25″ = These are the uber popular super buttery soft leggings. They don’t have compression and feel like you’re wearing nothing at all! The waist won’t dig in at all. They’re best for under tunics and dresses and lounging around.

Lululemon Wunder Under High Rise 7/8 = These have a bit more compression and super smooth, more of athletic material. These are my favorite for workouts these days, but I do wear them as clothes too.

Low Price

Colorfulkoala High Waisted Leggings = These are a Wunder Under dupe! They’re very similar in fabric and fit. (Great if you’re taller since these are not 7/8!) Price = $22. Unbeatable.

Colorfulkoala 7/8 Leggings with Pocket = I LOVE these for the price – $25. They’re great for everyday wearing and workouts. THE PHONE POCKET IS GOLD, especially if you’re wearing a dress with no pockets over top. They have quite a bit of compression, which I really like.

Jackets

High Price

This Athleta vest. Total splurge (I bought mine with birthday gift cards!) but I already know it’s something I will wear all the time! Zip pockets FTW. Super warm layer. Not too puffy.

I have several jackets similar to this that I wear the gym daily. I have on a tank, then a jacket, then a big coat in the winter. Usually, I wear my jacket 25% of the way into a workout, until I break a sweat, and then unzip to easily take off. It goes right back on during the cool down. As someone who is always cold, this keeps me from freezing under the fans! The pockets are great for phones and airpods too.

Low Price

I have a herringbone jacket similar to this Old Navy Performance one that is awesome. I will only buy jackets with zip pockets so I can have my phone safe and secure, whether chasing a baby, heading to the gym, or on a run.

Mom Jeans To Play In

Athleta Sculptek (high) vs. Mid-Rise Rockstar (low). Other than price, which is better? I’ve worn them both over and over and the Sculptek wins. They stretch but they don’t stretch out and they fit my waist a bit better. The Rockstar need to be washed (aka shrunk back to size) more often. But for the price, the Rockstar is still a great jean!

Cozy Dresses + Tunics

I love a great tunic dress with leggings and boots for the winter. I have several older versions similar to this Hideout Dress by Title IX. Also, I love this Title IX Tunic Sweater’s design and have a similar one from a previous season. The Lou & Grey Signature Softblend Cowl Tops are also cozy tunics for wearing with leggings. The Athleta Uptempo Hoodie has that same supersoft fabric fleece inside and is on my Christmas list!

For Lounging Around On The Weekend

Have I talked about “morning time clothes” before? I used to throw a robe or sweatshirt on, but Thomas taught me to have a separate set of lounge clothes to wear in-between PJs and showering. You can move around better than when wearing a robe, and they’re much warmer than baggy pajama pants. These Lou & Grey Signature Softblend Sweatpants have been LIFE CHANGING and I live in them on chilly mornings! (This jumpsuit  seems like a great all-in-one option too 🙂 )

Athleta Venice Joggers and the Distance Jogger are both great thick waistband, loose-fitting, zip-pocket styles for Saturdays around the house or running errands.

For Mornings When You Don’t Want To Get Out Of Bed

If you’re not ready to leave your down comforter this robe is like wearing one! I absolutely love mine (which was a mother’s day gift!) No stiff terry cloth here: Pottery Barn Teddy Bear Faux Fur Robe. Also life changing have been my LL Bean Women’s Wicked Good Slippers. I love that they are bootie style and keep my entire foot warm.

And for Birch…

This Kyte sleep sack is the softest there is! I just bought him the next size up in the 2.5 tog weight. It’s like a warm robe to sleep in!

I also bought him some of the Kate Quinn bamboo outfits. They frequently go 40-50% off (making them reasonable for organic bamboo instead of uber expensive for a baby outfit). I stumbled across a sale lately and stocked up on 12-18 month winter clothes. So, so soft!

birch

Tell me what your all-time favorite winter outfit is!

The post Athleisure Winter Favorites appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2PK5a4R

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049