Hey, happy Friday! How is it May already?! I feel like April was the fastest month of my life. Holy cow. I’m obviously not complaining because I am very much looking forward to warmer weather (and beach days!), so, hopefully, summertime is here before we know it!
As always, I’m sharing a new Friday 5 today featuring five things I’m loving lately. Plus, I have a Beautycounter giveaway for you. Don’t miss it at the bottom of this post! 🙂
1. Mike Birbiglia– Our friends from NYC introduced us to him – he’s a comedian and story teller, and SO FUNNY! If you need a good laugh this weekend, or just need to “Netflix and chill,” check out “My Girlfriend’s Boyfriend” or “Thank God for Jokes” on Netflix. Mal and I haven’t laughed this hard in a long time!
2. New York Times Custom Birthday Book – How cool is this (especially for a history nerd)? This book makes an amazing gift for a birthday as well as Mother’s Day or Father’s Day, which will be here very soon. The customized book, preserved in library binding and personalized with name and date of birth, is a collection of the New York Times front pages from each year since the recipient’s birth. It takes a fascinating snapshot of history seen through the lens of their special day. What a creative and fun idea!
3. MADEWELL High Rise Button Front Frayed Hem Skinny Jean– I recently got these jeans in my latest Stitch Fix order, and OMG… I think I have found my new favorite white skinny jeans! I am totally into high rise jeans (or high rise everything), and these white jeans are not only stylish but so dang comfortable. I’ll be wearing them all Spring/Summer! I love the details of the buttons and frayed hem, too. They’re the perfect combo of stylish, but casual!
4. Brooks Ravenna 10 – I’ve been big fan of Brooks running shoes for years, and these Ravenna 10 are a new favorite. They’re great for those who over-pronate, but don’t want the bulkiness of your typical stability running shoe. Plus, I love the bright colors for Spring! I mean, it’s cool when your sneakers match your iced coffee tumbler, right?
5. Beautycounter One-Step Makeup Remover Wipes – These are a lifesaver! I’ll admit that sometimes I can be a bit lazy at night with my skincare routine, which I why I love these compostable makeup remover wipes. Not only do they take off makeup (looking at you Dew Skin and Brilliant Brow Gel), but they also gently cleanse, hydrate, and soothe your skin. They’re big – unlike most drugstore wipes – so you can cut them in half and get double the use! These are a must-have for my gym bag and travel carry-on, too. Love, love, love!
Giveaway alert: I actually have an extra package of these wipes to give away to one lucky CNC reader. To enter: Just sign up for my Beautycounter email list and leave a comment below. If you’re already on my email list, just let me know. I’ll randomly pick a winner of my email list on Monday to receive the wipes! Good luck!
Sales of the Week
- Patagonia Nano Puff Insulated Jacket (40% off)
- Madewell Courtyard Ruffle Hem Top (33% off)
- Madewell The Winslow Knee-High Boot with Extended Calf (extra 20% off all sale items with code ENJOY20)
- Madewell 10″ High-Rise Skinny Jeans in Elinor Wash: Eco Edition (extra 20% off all sale items with code ENJOY20)
- J. Crew Dreamy Short-Sleeve Cotton Pajama Set in Stripe (30% off full-priced items with code LUCKYYOU)
- J. Crew Seersucker Underwire One-Piece Swimsuit (30% off full-priced items with code LUCKYYOU)
Question of the Day
Do you have a favorite brand of skinny jeans?
P.S. If you want to stay in touch about deals and promos from Scout & Cellar (clean-crafted wine!!), sign up for my wine email list here.
This post contains some affiliate links, which means I will earn a small commission from the company if you decide to purchase the product linked to. This compensation helps with expenses to keep CNC up and running. Thank you for your support!
from Carrots 'N' Cake http://bit.ly/2LmLWS4