Hi, happy Friday and happy first official day of Summer – wahoo!!
It’s been a very fun birthday week over here. I’m officially 39 and the final year of my thirties is off to a great start! 🙂 We’ve had such a great week, and we are looking forward to celebrating the first weekend of summer with a Dave Matthews Band concert (we have friends visiting from NYC), spectating a CrossFit competition, and my cousin’s baby shower. It’s going to be a busy one for sure!
Today’s Friday 5 is all about food and beauty, including my newest dairy-free protein powder obsession, an easy gluten-free mug cake recipe, and a Counterman product Mal loves (and I use, too!).
I hope you have a fabulous summer weekend!
1. Nuzest Smooth Vanilla Vegan Protein – I feel like I’m constantly on the hunt for a good plant-based protein powder. Ever since I discovered that I’m sensitive to beef, I haven’t been using beef collagen in my morning iced coffee and have been experimenting with other options. (I use marine collagen.) I recently found Nuzest: 100% plant-based, vegan-friendly, pea protein, dairy-free, gluten-free, GMO-free, and naturally sweetened. It does settle in my iced coffee a little bit, but not as bad as some other plant-based protein powders. The smooth vanilla flavor is unreal and what ultimately sold me. It’s not artificial-tasting or gritty – very smooth! 🙂 Oh, and the Fresh Coconut flavor is also awesome!
2. Rose Gold Wine Tumbler with Lid – Wine tumblers are a must for summer! They keep wine cold on the beach or at a BBQ, and the lid makes it so wine doesn’t go everywhere when you’re playing a game of frisbee. I personally love the rose gold color, and the reasonable price. By the way, you can get one for FREE – click here.
3. Gluten-Free Funfetti Mug Cakes – I can’t get enough of this single-serving dessert lately! It’s so easy to make and so darn delicious! And best yet, it only requires 2 ingredients and a couple of minutes in the microwave. It’s the perfect single-serving dessert when you’re in the mood to celebrate! Dairy-free and egg-free.
4. Counterman Clarifying Toner Pads – Not just for the guys! I started using the toner pads I bought for Mal, and now I’m hooked. I love using them in the morning when I’m just not in the mood to wash my face. It’s a great way to refresh my skin with practically zero effort!
5. Lavash Lash Eyelash Growth Serum – I debated getting eye lash extensions for weeks and weeks. (If you follow me on Instagram, you probably remember the debate!) I love how they look, but they’re expensive and a pain in the butt to keep up. I ended up purchasing this Lavash Lash Eyelash Growth Serum (for only $30), and I am SO IMPRESSED by the results. My lashes look visibly longer in just a few weeks of applying it nightly. I’m a big fan!!
- Too Many Carbs on Plant-Based Diet
- Things I Bought On Amazon This Week
- Overnight Protein Oats with Riced Cauliflower
- 1 Month of Do-Anywhere Workouts
- Fitbit Versa Review
Sales of the Week
- The North Face Terry Dress (20% off)
- Nike Free RN Flyknit Running Shoe (25% off)
- Athleta Aqualuxe Bra-Sized Bikini Top (25% off)
- Athleta Affirmation 7/8 Tight (25% off)
- Madewell 10″ High-Rise Skinny Crop Jeans: Button Front Tencel Edition (extra 20% off sale styles with code ENJOY20)
- Madewell The Boxy-Crop Jean Jacket in Woodcourt Wash (extra 20% off sale styles with code ENJOY20)
Question of the Day
Do you have a favorite dairy-free protein powder?
This post contains some affiliate links, which means I will earn a small commission from the company if you decide to purchase the product linked to. This compensation helps with expenses to keep CNC up and running. Thank you for your support!
from Carrots 'N' Cake http://bit.ly/2Ksz77x