The mistake I made that held me back for years

One of the BIGGEST mistakes I made in terms of weight loss was focusing solely on calories in and calories out.

In this day and age, it sounds silly, right? Like, how could our bodies be so simplistic?

It’s funny looking back at what I used to eat… Light ‘N Fit yogurt, Fiber One Bars, 100-calorie snack packs. I thought I was being “healthy” because I was eating low-calorie foods, but my body was seriously lacking quality nutrition, and, honestly, I was just filing it with artificial junk.

I know I’m not the only one who’s been “tricked” by diet culture into thinking that in order to lose weight and feel good, we must eat low-calorie. And it doesn’t end there! Diet culture also tells us to:

  • Limit carbs
  • Avoid sugar
  • Intermittent fast
  • Drink green juice
  • Load up on protein
  • Give up grains and gluten
  • Go Keto
  • Become vegan
  • Carb cycle

Basically, diet culture tells us to do what worked for somebody else, but here’s why this doesn’t work: It forces us to follow someone else’s plan without checking in with what works for our bodies and lifestyle.

We think we’re supposed to follow in someone else’s footsteps to get results, but that’s just not the case. What works for one person, might be detrimental for another.

I mean, totally cutting sugar from my diet might actually kill me! Kidding. Kind of. I would be very unhappy. Plus, eliminating treats from my diet is definitely NOT sustainable for me.

The 6-week Macro Motivation Challenge will teach you how to stop dieting and create a nutrition plan that works for YOU. Dialing into what works (and doesn’t work) will help you get results because you’ll find consistency and flexibility with your eating habits.

Long story short, if you can’t see yourself eating a certain way forever, it’s really difficult to maintain lasting results. Period.

Learning to tracking macros is something you can use forever. You don’t have to track every single day for the rest of your life, but it’s a tool that you can rely on now and in the future.

The 6-week Macro Motivation Challenge includes: 

  • Personalized macro + calorie goals for workout and rest days
  • 2-week sample meal plan
  • Weekly group accountability and education
  • Ongoing support and communication via private Facebook group
  • “Getting Started with Macros” guide

What’s not included: 

  • 1:1 coaching
  • Formal check-ins
  • Macro adjustments, but I’m more than happy to help you troubleshoot in our Facebook group!

Pre-sale registration ends TODAY, so be sure to sign up ASAP if you want to lock in the lowest rate.

If you’re ready to sign up, you can do so here. We start NEXT Monday!!

The post The mistake I made that held me back for years appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake https://ift.tt/2O1EMS3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049