Lately

The Lannisters sent a raven. They said summer is on the way.

Foodblog (3 of 4)

(Currently in the middle of Season 2 of Game of Thrones! Loving it!
And now I see giant black birds everywhere!)

Foodblog (1 of 1)-10

Breakfasts are in da house! Still eating lots of mango (^^) but strawberries have started to climb into the menu. Irecently bought some great ones at the farmer’s market.

I thawed out some Morning Glory Muffins from the freezer, and they kept beautifully. I want to make more and freeze more! If my breakfasts are looking any smaller than they used to it’s because of the coffees. I foam about a quarter cup of whole milk almost every morning and that helps fill me up!

Foodblog (1 of 2)-2

One day recently we were out of fruit and I thought it would be smart to thaw out some frozen blueberries for breakfast. They were horrible! No flavor at all and slightly freezer burned. Threw most of these away.

Foodblog (1 of 2)

And then I went grocery shopping!

Foodblog (1 of 1)-3

I’m really into juuuust cooked through hard-boiled eggs. I learned the technique from Blue Apron:

  1. Bring water to boil
  2. Add eggs and cook for 6 minutes
  3. Shock in ice water

They are just barely cooked enough to not be runny inside but are nice and soft and bright yellow. So good! Served with leftover roasted potatoes and greens for lunch!

Foodblog (5 of 10)

I met my friend Kristin for lunch at Bashir’s. It was my first visit and Kristin told me how good the vegetarian plate is. She was right!! I loved all the diversity on this plate.

Foodblog (2 of 4)-2

And finally I had a kale salad in some Whole Foods Greek yogurt herb dressing (good but not great) plus smoked salmon, capers and manchego.

Foodblog (1 of 3)

Here were two keeps from my latest Stitch Fix box – a Collective Concepts blouse that has a cute tailored waist and Level 99 jeans – my second pair from this brand that I love!

Foodblog (2 of 10)

Dinners…

Foodblog (3 of 10)

Kale salad with mushrooms plus roasted potatoes, smoked trout and local pimento cheese.

Foodblog (10 of 10)

Dinner at Sarah’s! Salmon salad, green beans, greens and too many chips!

Foodblog (4 of 6)

And finally, a quesadilla! Spinach and mushrooms plus lots of cheese and kale salad on the side. Mazen has actually warmed up to spinach and mushrooms and ate the same dinner. #winning

Foodblog (7 of 10)

Now I just want to sit here for the next few months. The view from our gym rooftop pool!

Foodblog (9 of 10)



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/1X3DOTo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049