Suns Out, Guns Out

Foodblog (3 of 9)

I am debating what to do about the ridiculous tan line I acquired at the beach. I was wearing yoga pants on a 60’F, cloudy day, and somehow managed to get badly burned on my ankles and feet. It’s totally my fault for skimping on the lower body sunscreen! Add in the soccer sock tan I’m rockin’ on the top half and I now have zebra-striped legs. Should I use different SPFs? Wear calf-length socks? Use self tanner in the middle? Try to tan the middle? What do you think?

Foodblog (2 of 9)

Mazen and I made strawberry smoothies for breakfast this week, with the strawberries we picked last weekend. I threw in the whole strawberries, green tops and all. They have to be good for you, right? #greensmoothie

Foodblog (1 of 1)

Officer Mazen via Snapchat! We just love checking to see what the new selfie filters are each day – some of them are just insane!

Foodblog (9 of 9)

Have you ever tried home fermenting? I’m hoping to take a stab at pickles this summer, when local cucumbers are abundant.

Foodblog (3 of 4)

The new brand Mortier Pilon makes this gorgeous glass crock that comes all ready to make fermented foods like pickles. Unlike the traditional clay crocks, this one is clear and lightweight, making the process all the more enjoyable. Have you ever pickled at home? I would love to hear your tips.

Foodblog (1 of 4)

Sarah makes the BEST salads!! Mazen and I went over for lunch and we had these salads packed with greens, pesto-roasted vegetables, avocados and almonds.

Foodblog (4 of 9)

And for dinner this week we went to Brazos Tacos with a bunch of our friends! The yam taco is my favorite there, but the pork belly special with pickled watermelon was killer too!

Foodblog (5 of 9)

And the jalapeno marg? Amazing!!! Especially on a Monday :)

Foodblog (6 of 9)

Foodblog (7 of 9)

Play hard outside this week and you’ll sleep like a three-year-old!

Foodblog (8 of 9)



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/1TGj9T4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049